A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with many crucial features that you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your target audience, others might not offer all of these features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may have an editing experience so complicated that it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also an array of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that, they also offer nearly everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance How do you define Kajabi? 28 Day Kajabi Challenge
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you develop and market your course content to your audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and is regarded as one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive score from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? Well, there are quite numerous aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing and sales almost all of Kajabi’s features are designed to be digestible for people who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an edge over the rest. Additionally this allows students like you run and develop courses without having to travel elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need, living up its ‘one stop shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form of the most important attributes that you ought to watch out for in the event you’re considering the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and other products along with blogs to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other viable ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to charge your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of community and training materials in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands on thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different from other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who would want to give the service a shot. With the abundance of essential features already packed into each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, reach up to 1,000 active customers, and create a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded to the brim with every feature you’d like when making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is available on each of the three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is also offered on select blogs, so if you’re looking to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes e-mail marketing and automation, are designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with other third-party services to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. Making content with the website and course builder software has never been this easy and quick, as it takes less effort and time to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations that integrate with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students in your classes. You can also network, connect, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. 28 Day Kajabi Challenge
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of clutter, as some aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You can create a landing page, modify your course and engage with other instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar, and allows you to search for specific tools and products within the site by typing in the words. Like we said, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages that English in case you want to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of course or product templates or, as the platform calls them blueprints. Each of the product blueprints is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand value, while online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure designed for the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes which are planned over an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content when you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course-maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create your own course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you will notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are referred to as categories and posts, or. Posts are where you can insert different types of content like text, videos, and images, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to be added to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests, you can add all your files to your courses in one page. This is a great option particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s easy to customize any theme to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand like your logo images, fonts, and designs , into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. 28 Day Kajabi Challenge
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments are a helpful method of determining whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments feature, you can choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
Aside from that, the LMS website has been able to make strides in creating areas for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature, students have access to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is offered as a separate feature or as component of your member.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name or WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for all three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re assured of instant safety and security with the automatic SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
You’re also given the liberty to modify your domain as well as choose from a wide array of unique, professional themes, all of which you can modify to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also take away any Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the given themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the content of the website which includes text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the elements of your website you want for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to create your website however you want it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can post information and comments on your course content. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you a space where you can do so without limits. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by creating one using the text editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you want to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into various categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two options: either release the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private podcast which only your subscribers have access to. 28 Day Kajabi Challenge
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than just send e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement 28 Day Kajabi Challenge
You can send as many e-mails for your campaigns as you wish and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can choose which of your members gets to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been so complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help promote your content on your behalf. In addition to paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to gauge how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. 28 Day Kajabi Challenge
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms have similar features that require more effort and time, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This stunning feature lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your target audience to buy your product by utilizing the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your classes through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from the starting
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme The library is with more than 40 page templates that you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
For the pricing, Kajabi gives you a wide range to choose from. You can choose to cost your pupils for the products at different time frames (one-time or subscription and multi-payments) or give them away to them for free. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specified price for one product or a number of products, and set specific dates that your customers can access within a specific time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase the products you offer. 28 Day Kajabi Challenge
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you make and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is always available to assist you if you’re struggling to create a course or page among other important issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users Live chat support is scheduled for certain times and times on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop relevant educational content. 28 Day Kajabi Challenge
As for tools for training, Kajabi gives an array of options to use resources to master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for more information and tips, the help center will be there to help you on your way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they meet their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material however, we must take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish for the lack of question type options – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits too.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site might cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities with Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy alternatives that you might want to consider in making your choice. 28 Day Kajabi Challenge
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly cost it’s easy to understand the ways Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than the other as well as live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it works. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs to be able to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there, such as the issuance of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it may not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that can provide everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ 28 Day Kajabi Challenge
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to create a fully-functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices so that you and your subscribers can access all your course content even when you’re on the go. 28 Day Kajabi Challenge