A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with a variety of essential features that can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your intended audience, others might not provide all these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that offer editing features that are so complex that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that, they also provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: What is Kajabi? Adam Fisher Kajabi
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to develop and market your course content to your audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not just create a professional website for your courses but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? Well, there are quite numerous factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From the course creation to the marketing services almost all of the Kajabi features are designed to be digestible for people who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an advantage over other instructors. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build courses without having to travel to another place if something else is not available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need, living up its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points, of its important attributes that you ought to be aware of when you’re thinking about it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and materials and your own blog to keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of community, customer service, and training resources and features, including Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who be interested in giving it a try. With the abundance of essential features already packed into every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, reach up to 1,000 active customers, and design your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing emails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually, which is filled with every feature you could ask for when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is available for all three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is available on selected blogs. If you want to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the short trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions for this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the most popular features on the platform, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. Making content using the website and course creator software was never this simple and fast, since it requires less effort and time to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations. Aside from native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free option available either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Adam Fisher Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the platform’s users interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design does not allow for obstruction, since some of the features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You get to create an online landing page, change your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching, and it lets you look for specific tools and products within the website by typing in the search terms. Like we said, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages than English in case you want to share your content with broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of product or course templates or the way it calls it blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand value, while Online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure that are designed to provide a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses that are scheduled for an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content if you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course-maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create a course or product from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are referred to as groups and posts and vice versa. The posts are where you insert various types of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to include in your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your video to your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one page. This is a great option especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any of the themes to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your company’s image, such as the logo, images, and font design into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Adam Fisher Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your course. Assessments can be a great way to assess whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your content.
Apart from that, the LMS website has made progress in creating spaces for teachers and students to interact. With the Community feature, your students are able to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with other students your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature is available either as a standalone item or as a part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents on your website’s domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for all three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and safety with the automatic SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to modify your domain as well as pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can personalize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and above you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also remove any Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your own!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the given themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that make up the content of the website, such as media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets these days it’s logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the elements of your website you want for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to create your website however you want it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi lets you create a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post updates and thoughts on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you an area where you can publish your content without restriction. Start by creating posting blog content by making one using an editor for text. You may include SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into different categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes you can choose between two choices: publish the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private one which only your subscribers can get access to. Adam Fisher Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are highly user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement Adam Fisher Kajabi
You can send as many emails to your campaign as you want and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can even select which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates to help in promoting your site on your behalf. In addition to paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to see how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Adam Fisher Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features are its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms have similar features that require more effort and time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for when you need to convince your target audience to buy your product by utilizing the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build the sales funnel you want from beginning
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You may even change the look of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different There is a library with more than 40 templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi offers an array of options for you to choose from. You can cost your pupils for the services at various dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or give them away at no cost. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for a single product or multiple products, as well as specify specific dates your members can access within a certain timeframe. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy the products you offer. Adam Fisher Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to make and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is always available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and days on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by many who use it to design relevant educational content. Adam Fisher Kajabi
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to use resources to learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their position in the world of course design. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for additional information and tips assistance, the help section is always there to guide you on your way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and promote your course content however, we must look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of question type options as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits also.
- A public API key. This could be useful for creating custom integrations for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site could make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy alternatives that you might think about when making your choice. Adam Fisher Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! While you get to benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly cost, we can imagine the ways Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than the other, and this includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it operates. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing like the issue of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ Adam Fisher Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and your subscribed members can access all your course materials even when on the go. Adam Fisher Kajabi