Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with various important features you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your target audience, some might not provide all these features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that provide editing options that is so complicated they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they provide you with nearly everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Alternative Kajabi
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you make and sell your courses to an audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not just create a professional website for your courses but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and is regarded as one of the top online learning platforms, with an overwhelmingly positive rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? Well, there are quite plenty of reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation all the way to the marketing services almost all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be easily digestible even for those who are just getting started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors the added edge over other instructors. Additionally this allows students like you to run and create an online course without having to go elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets, of its important attributes that you ought to be aware of when you’re thinking about using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizing tools including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and products along with blogs to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other effective ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training materials, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names that are from various industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. In the last time of writing Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who might want to give it a try. But considering the huge amount of features that are included into each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, reach an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and design your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing emails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly and is packed with every feature you’d want when designing and selling your course. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. But a 14-day free trial is available for all three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days available on certain blogs. So if you want to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, the limited free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions to do this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the most popular features on the platform, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From the creation of professional-looking courses all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. Making content with the site and course builder software has never been this simple and fast, since it requires less time and effort to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations that integrate with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free option available neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Alternative Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the User Interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course, and communicate with your instructors through one website.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar, it allows you to search for tools and items on the site by typing in the keywords. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages than English in case you want to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products or the way it refers to them, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand value, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure that are designed to provide a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled for a set series of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership space for your members to enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create an entire course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are known as categories and posts, and vice versa. The posts are where you can insert different types of content such as text, video images, and text, while the categories serve as folders in which the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one tab. This is a great option especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for different products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details of your brand, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs into the course player to add a your own personal style. Alternative Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to make quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful method of determining whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your content.
Apart from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has made strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature your students are able to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone item or as a component of your member space.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content on your website’s domain or WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for all three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and safety with the automatic SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your website.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, and also pick from a variety of premium, unique themes, all of which you can customize to your heart’s content! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and higher you can import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business, plus remove the Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the given website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts from when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website including media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets it is logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by picking which site element you wish for your member learners to view. With all the necessary tools to create your website as you wish it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you want to make the most the Kajabi-made website it provides a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating the blog post by creating one using Text Editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience or group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes, you have two choices: publish the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private version that only your users are able to access. Alternative Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than simply send emails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent to their inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Alternative Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails to your campaign as you want and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can also choose which of your members gets to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been more complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates who can help advertise your website on behalf of you. In addition to paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Alternative Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms have similar features, which require more time and effort however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to persuade your audience to buy your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your courses by means of a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from beginning
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different – there is a library full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For pricing options, Kajabi provides you a wide range to choose from. You can choose to cost your pupils for the products at various time frames (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or give them away to them for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for one product or multiple products, as well as specify specific dates your members can access within a given period of time. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy the products you offer. Alternative Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses however, you also have the option to connect to third-party apps for more functions. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users Live chat support is scheduled for certain times and times on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to design relevant course content. Alternative Kajabi
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their standing in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for additional information and tips, the help center will be there to help you along the way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they achieve their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content however, we must take care of a few essential things that are missing. Most of them would have been very useful to improve the experience. Here are the following things we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like that the absence of question type options as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are limitations too.
- A public API key. This could be useful for custom integrations, for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora in features it might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity with Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may be considering in making your choice. Alternative Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market to your target audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable price range it’s easy to imagine how Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other has, and this includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it operates. But, we need to appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can use. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There are a few tools that are missing, such as the issuance of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the best option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re looking for an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ Alternative Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access all your course content even when you’re in the move. Alternative Kajabi