Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many essential features that you can use when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your target audience, some might not provide all these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that offer editing features that are so complicated that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just the basic editing interface but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: How do you define Kajabi? Brendon Burchard The Motivation Manifesto Kajabi
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you make and sell your content to your customers. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive score with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? It’s true that there are many reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From course creation to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are accessible to those who are new in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over other instructors. Additionally this allows students such as you manage and build courses without having to go to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets, of its important features that you may want to keep an eye on if you’re considering using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizing tools including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and other products and blogs to keep your students updated on what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of customer service, community and training materials, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of many of the most well-known people that are from various sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different than other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who would like to give Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of important features included within each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, garner a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded with every feature you’d want when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is available for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is also offered on select blogs, so if you wish to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes e-mail marketing and automation, are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you don’t have to connect with other third-party services to do this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. Making content using the site and course creator software was never so easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations. Aside from native integrations that integrate with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s not a free option as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Brendon Burchard The Motivation Manifesto Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s users interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you will find that all the features are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of confusion, as certain aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You get to create an online landing page, change your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar, and it lets you look for tools and items within the website by typing in the keywords. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other that English for those who want to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of course or product templates or the way it calls them, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product is different in its structure and style and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure designed for the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a popular premium course-maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership space for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create an entire course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these segments and classes are known as groups and posts or. Posts are the places where you put in different kinds of content, like text, videos images, and text, while the categories serve as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name, you can add all your files to your course in one tab. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of more than 10 course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your company’s image including logos or images as well as font designs into the course player to add a an individual touch. Brendon Burchard The Motivation Manifesto Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great way to determine if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your content.
Aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has made progress in creating spaces for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone product or as an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents to your web domain or WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with an automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as pick from a variety of unique, professional themes, all of which you can customize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and above you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus eliminate all Kajabi logos and substitute that with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the given website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts from when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the site’s content, such as text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by picking the elements of your website you want for your members to view. With all the tools you need to make your site look how you would like it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi lets you create sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish comments and updates about your course’s content. If you want to make the most of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you the opportunity to do so without limits. It is possible to begin with the blog post by making one with Text Editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode there are two options: either release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members have access to. Brendon Burchard The Motivation Manifesto Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Brendon Burchard The Motivation Manifesto Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails to your campaigns as you wish and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can choose which members of your group are eligible the messages. The management of e-mails has never been more complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates to help advertise your website on behalf of you. In addition to paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Brendon Burchard The Motivation Manifesto Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s standouts can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more effort and time, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your target public to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create your sales funnel from beginning
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You can even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different There is a library full of 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose one of them to pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi gives you a wide range of pricing options. You can choose to make your student pay for products at various dates (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or give them away for free. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specified price for a specific product or multiple products, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a given timeframe. Additionally, you can create coupons to encourage your target audience to buy the products you offer. Brendon Burchard The Motivation Manifesto Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always available to help you whenever you’re struggling to create a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for basic users live chat support is scheduled for specific times and on certain days during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to design useful course content. Brendon Burchard The Motivation Manifesto Kajabi
For tools for training, Kajabi gives you a variety of ways to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their position in the course creation world. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for more information and tips assistance, the help section will be there to help you in the right direction. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material however, we must take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party software that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limitations also.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack of features, it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy alternatives that you might be considering in making your choice. Brendon Burchard The Motivation Manifesto Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price we can imagine the way Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer greater features that the other, and this includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it works. But, we need to appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there, such as the issuance of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Brendon Burchard The Motivation Manifesto Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it makes sense that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course content even when you’re in the move. Brendon Burchard The Motivation Manifesto Kajabi