A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have a variety of important features you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to market your courses to your target audience, some may not have most of these features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may provide editing options so complicated that it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that, they also offer nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance How do you define Kajabi? Compare Podia To Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you create and sell your course content to your student audience. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? Well, there are quite plenty of factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales the majority of the Kajabi features are designed to be digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over other instructors. In addition this allows students such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to travel to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the most important characteristics that you might want to watch out for when you’re thinking about using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizable tools including media files, templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and products, as well as blogs to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages and other methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with email marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service and training tools, with the addition of Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people who are part of different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who would like to give the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed in each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. This plan lets you can create three products, garner up to 1000 active users, as well as create your own website you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month yearly that is loaded to the brim with every feature you’d like when making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is available for all three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is available on certain blogs. So if you’re looking to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, the short trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions for that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. The creation of content using the site and course builder software has never been this simple and fast, since it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the typical monthly prices offered by other services. There’s no free option available as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Compare Podia To Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are divided into five major sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You can create an online landing page, change your course, and even engage with other instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching, it allows you to search for specific tools and products within the site by typing in the search terms. Like we said, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other than English for those who want to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of product or course templates or, as the platform calls them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed in order to increase brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes which are planned over a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons referred to as groups and posts or. Posts are the places where you put in different types of content including text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses in the same tab. This is a great option especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements of your brand, such as the logo, images, and font design into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Compare Podia To Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful method of determining whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your content more.
In addition aside from that, in addition, the LMS website also has made progress in creating spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature, your learners are given access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is available as a separate feature or as part of your membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name as well as WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for all 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and safety with an automated SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, as well as choose from a variety of premium, unique themes, which you can modify to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and above you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs, plus remove any Kajabi branding and replace it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the given themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the components that comprise the site’s content, such as text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets nowadays, it makes total sense for Kajabi to let your site automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile and select the element of your site you would like for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look as you wish it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can share updates and thoughts on your course content. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site it provides an area where you can do so without limits. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by creating one with an editor for text. You can incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast you can choose between two choices: publish it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private version which only your subscribers have access to. Compare Podia To Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are highly easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered to their inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement Compare Podia To Kajabi
You can create as many e-mails to your campaign as you want and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can choose the members you want the messages. Managing e-mails has never been this complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to advertise your website on your behalf. In addition to paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to gauge how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Compare Podia To Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts are the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features that require more effort and time and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use any time you wish to convince your intended customers to purchase your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your product via web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct your sales funnel from beginning
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You can even alter the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different – there is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi gives an array of options for you of pricing options. You can choose to cost your pupils for the services at various time frames (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or hand them out to them for free. You can also choose to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for a specific product or multiple items, and specify specific dates your customers can access within a certain period of time. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase the products you offer. Compare Podia To Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to make and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide more functions. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you if you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users live chat is available for certain times and days of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to design useful courses. Compare Podia To Kajabi
For tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to access resources that you can master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their position in the course creation world. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of other information and tips assistance, the help section will be there to help you along the way. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn many sweet perks when they achieve their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. The majority of these would be extremely useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option, instructors who use Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of question type options – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limits also.
- A public API key. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, like the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack of features, it may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity in comparison to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may be considering in your decision. Compare Podia To Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features It’s a lot lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price it’s easy to imagine how Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price, it sure does offer greater features that Kajabi which includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it works. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs make use of. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need to be able to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there, such as the issuance of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Compare Podia To Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and your subscribers have access to all course materials even when in the move. Compare Podia To Kajabi