Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many crucial features that can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to promote your courses to your desired audience, others might not provide all these features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that have an editing experience so complex that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that, they also provide you with nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Compare Thinkific Teachable Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to develop and market your course content to your audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses , but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and is regarded as one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive score with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? It’s true that there are numerous reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be digestible for people who are just getting started in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an advantage over the rest. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create a course-making business without having to travel elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need, living up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points of the key characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can pick in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and other products and your own blog to keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages and other viable methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training materials, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people who are part of different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. In the last time of writing Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who like to give Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of features that are included into every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, reach an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as make your own website you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing emails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly and is packed to the brim with every feature you could ask for when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day trial is available. trial is available on each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts for up to 30 days also offered on select blogs. So if you wish to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions for that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content using the website and course builder software has never been so simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations. Aside from native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s not a free option either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Compare Thinkific Teachable Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu is clear and free of obstruction, since some of the features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can create an online landing page, change your course and engage with other instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar, and it lets you look for items and tools on the site by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other that English for those who want to present your content to wider audience.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of course or product templates, or the way it calls it blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed as a way to build brand value, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs which are planned over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create a course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons known as post categories as well as category, or. The posts are where you can insert different types of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders where the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories of posts within a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files to include in your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all your files to your courses on the same tab. This is a great option particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for different products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any theme to fit your style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image, such as the logo or images as well as font designs into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Compare Thinkific Teachable Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful way to determine whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment feature, you can choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your content more.
Apart from that in addition, in addition, the LMS website also has made strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature your students are able to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with other students your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is available either as a standalone product or as an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for all 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant safety and security with an automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain and also pick from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can modify to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan and above you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs and also remove any Kajabi logos and substitute that with your own!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the available themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the site’s content which includes media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand are made up of multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile and select the elements of your website you want members to view. With all the necessary tools to make your site look however you want it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can post updates and thoughts on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you the opportunity to do so without limits. You can get started with the blog post by creating your own using the text editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience, group your posts into various categories or even change the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes there are two choices: publish the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users have access to. Compare Thinkific Teachable Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than sending e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement Compare Thinkific Teachable Kajabi
You are able to create as many e-mails for your campaign as you like and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can even select the members you want to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been so complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to see how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Compare Thinkific Teachable Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features are one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms have similar features that require more effort and time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your intended audience to buy your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your product via web training seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build the sales funnel you want from ground
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You may even change the design of your landing and checkout pages, for example, to a different one – there is a library full of 40+ page templates that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings are instantly transferred to your bank account.
For pricing options, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can charge your students for your services at different dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or give them away at no cost. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a single product or multiple products, as well as set specific dates that your members can access within a given period of time. You can also create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy all of your products. Compare Thinkific Teachable Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you make and market your courses however, you also can connect to third-party applications to provide more functions. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful as it helps establish connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to help you whenever you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour support is available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan and above – for basic users live chat is available for certain times and times during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by many who use it to design relevant course content. Compare Thinkific Teachable Kajabi
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to resources that you can learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their position in the world of course design. There are also every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for other information and tips the help desk is always there to guide you along the way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material however, we must take care of a few essential things that are missing. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi frequently will require a connection to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish that the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are limits also.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, like letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack in features it might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities in comparison to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might be considering in your decision. Compare Thinkific Teachable Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and market to your target audience without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than other. With the extremely affordable price it’s easy to imagine the ways Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has higher-end features than the other has, and this includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it works. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs to be able to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools missing, such as the issue of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Compare Thinkific Teachable Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app so that you and your subscribers can access all your courses even while on the go. Compare Thinkific Teachable Kajabi