A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with a variety of essential features that you can use whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your target viewers, other platforms might not provide all these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may offer editing features that are so complicated that they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful that offer not just the basic editing interface but also an array of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they offer nearly everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look How do you define Kajabi? Contact Kajabi
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you develop and market your content to your student audience. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses , but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive score with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? It’s true that there are numerous aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. First, it’s the simplicity of usage. From course creation to marketing and sales almost all of the Kajabi features are designed to be digestible even for those who are new in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over others. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create an online course without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points of the key characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and materials and blogs to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Effectively utilize the landing page, checkout pages and other effective methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with email marketing, CRM, and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training materials and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. As of this time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who might be interested in giving it a try. But considering the huge amount of features that are included in each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, reach an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing emails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly, which is filled with every feature you could ask for when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days available on selected blogs, so if you’re looking to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, the limited trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with any other third-party service for this!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the website and course builder software has never been this simple and fast, since it requires less effort and time to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the average monthly rates offered by other services. There’s no free option available as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Contact Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the user interface (UI) is structured. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and even communicate with your instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar, and allows you to search for tools and items within the site by typing in the words. As mentioned previously the courses and site builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages that English for those who want to share your content with broader audience.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may soon encounter a list of templates for courses or products, or, as the platform calls them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created as a way to build brand value, while Online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content designed for the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints allow you to make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design a course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these segments and classes are known as categories and posts, respectively. The posts are where you insert various types of content, like text, videos and images, whereas the categories function as folders where the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to organize your content more flexiblely. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to be added to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests, you can add all your files to your course in one page. This can be useful especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for various products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image including logos or images as well as font designs into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Contact Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments are an effective way to determine whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment feature, you get to choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your content.
Aside from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made progress in creating spaces for students and teachers to communicate. Through the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone product or as component of your member space.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents on your website’s domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across the 3 pricing options. The best part is that you’re assured of instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as pick from a wide array of premium, unique themes, which you can customize to your heart’s content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus remove any Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your own!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that compose the site’s content including text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets it is logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing which site element you wish for your members to view. With all the tools you need to make your site look how you would like it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can share information and comments on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out the Kajabi-made website this service offers you the opportunity to do so without limits. You can get started with the blog post by making one with the text editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode, you have two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users can get access to. Contact Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Contact Kajabi
You can create as many e-mails for your campaign as you want and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose which of your members gets to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been this complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of you. Alongside paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to determine the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Contact Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features that require more effort and time however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO – to use any time you wish to convince your target audience to buy your product by utilizing an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from the ground
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates pages and emails you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You could even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different – there is a library with more than 40 pages templates you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings are immediately sent to your bank account.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi offers customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can choose to cost your pupils for the products at various time frames (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or give them away for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a specific item or for a variety of items, and specify specific dates your customers can access within a given timeframe. You can also create coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase any of your offers. Contact Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to create and market your courses However, you can connect to third-party applications to provide more functions. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for basic users live Chat support can be scheduled at specific times and on certain days of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to create useful educational content. Contact Kajabi
For tools for training, Kajabi gives you a variety of ways to access resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their position in the field of course development. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for additional advice and tricks assistance, the help section is always there to guide you on your way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they reach their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material However, we need to take care of a few essential things that are missing. The majority of these would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish for the absence of options for question types as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are limitations as well.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, such as having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan and a plethora in features it may turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities with Kajabi regarding performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may be considering in making your choice. Contact Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell to your target audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly price we can imagine how Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that the other has as well as live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it functions. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi does not have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools missing, such as the issue of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ Contact Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and your subscribers can access your entire course materials even when on the go. Contact Kajabi