A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have a variety of essential features that you can use when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your intended audience, others might not provide all these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that provide editing options so complicated that they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some that provide more than the basic editing interface but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. Additionally, they also offer nearly everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Custom Domain Kajabi
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you create and sell your course content to your audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? It’s true that there are many reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to use. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s features are designed to be easily digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors an edge over other instructors. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build an online course without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points of the key features that you may want to watch out for in the event you’re considering it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of tools for customizing including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and products along with a blog where you can keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Make the most of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other effective methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to invoice your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training tools in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names who are part of different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who be interested in giving it a try. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed in each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo for billing annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, reach an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and create a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed to the brim with all the features you’d want when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day free trial is available on all three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days also available on certain blogs, so if you wish to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions for that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. The creation of content using the site and the course builder software has never been this easy and swift, and it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations. Aside from native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students in your classes. It also lets you network, connect, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free option available either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Custom Domain Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s user interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The design of the menu does not allow for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and even engage with other instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful when you need to search for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching it allows you to search for tools and items on the site by entering the search terms. Like we said, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other that English for those who want to present your content to wider audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may be able to see a collection of course or product templates or, as the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining brand value, while Online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled for a set series of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content if you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course-maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership space for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these segments and classes are referred to as categories and posts, respectively. The posts are where you insert various kinds of content, including text, video images, and text, while the categories function as folders in which the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to include in your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies that you can upload all your files to your courses in one page. This one is handy particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand like your logo images, fonts, and designs into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Custom Domain Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment option, you are able to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content more.
In addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website has been able to make strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone feature or as part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents on your website’s domain or WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on the three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re assured of instant security and security through an automated SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your website.
You also have the option to customize your domain, and also pick from a range of unique, professional themes, which you can modify to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and above you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs and also remove any Kajabi logos and substitute it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the available themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts from when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the site’s content which includes text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets it’s logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to build your site however you want it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most the Kajabi-made website this service offers you a space where you can do so without limits. Start by creating the blog post by creating one using the text editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience or group your posts into various categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two choices: publish it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your members are able to access. Custom Domain Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are supremely easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than just send e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your courses following checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Custom Domain Kajabi
You can send as many emails to your campaign as you wish and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can choose the members you want to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been this complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates to help promote your content on your behalf. Apart from paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Custom Domain Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features that require more time and effort and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners can make better use of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your intended public to buy your product by utilizing the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create your sales funnel from the beginning
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails you will require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to look to your customers. You could even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different – there is a library full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi gives you a wide range of pricing options. You can either cost your pupils for the products at various dates (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or distribute them at no cost. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a single item or for a variety of products, as well as specify specific dates your members can access within a certain timeframe. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase all of your products. Custom Domain Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to make and market your courses however, you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the only course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled at specific times and on certain days on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to create meaningful courses. Custom Domain Kajabi
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides an array of options to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the course creation world. There are also daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for other tips and tricks assistance, the help section will be there to help you on your way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they reach their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and market your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of options for question types – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t understand why there are limitations also.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, like the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora in features it might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might think about when making your choice. Custom Domain Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than even Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable price, we can imagine the ways Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has greater features that the other as well as live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it operates. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can use. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite, which includes the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there, such as the issuance of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the right option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from being a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Custom Domain Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app to ensure that you and your subscribed members can access your entire course content even when you’re in the move. Custom Domain Kajabi