Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have various essential features that can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your intended audience, some might not provide all the features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that offer editing features that are so complex that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. Additionally, they also offer almost everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance What is Kajabi? Dain Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you develop and market your content to your customers. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and is regarded as one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelming score with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? There are many factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are easily digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over other instructors. In addition this allows students such as you manage and build courses without having to go elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require in order to live up its ‘one stop shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the most important features that you may want to be aware of when you’re thinking about it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizable tools, media files, and templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and materials and your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages and other methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community and training materials, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities that are from various industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who would be interested in giving the service a shot. With the abundance of features that are included within each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, reach a maximum of 1 000 active clients, and design websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually, which is filled with all the features you’d like when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days available on certain blogs. So if you’re looking to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including email marketing and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with other third-party services to do this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. Making content using the site and course creator software was never this simple and fast, since it requires less effort and time to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations. In addition to native integrations that integrate with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free option available as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Dain Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You get to create an online landing page, change your course and engage with other instructors through one website.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching, and it lets you look for items and tools on the site by typing in the words. As previously mentioned the courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages than English for those who want to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of product or course templates, or what the platform calls it, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure created to offer the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons called groups and posts or. Posts are the places where you can insert different kinds of content, including text, video and images, whereas the categories function as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your course in the same tab. This is a great option especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only offered the choice of one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any theme to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand like your logo, images, and font design into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Dain Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your course. Assessments can be a great way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. Through the assessment feature, you get to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content.
Aside from that, the LMS website also has made progress in providing spaces for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature students have access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate product or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for the 3 pricing options. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automated SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, as well as choose from a range of unique, professional themes, all of which you can customize to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business, plus eliminate the Kajabi logos and substitute it with your own!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the given website themes with a suite of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content including text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile and select the element of your site you would like for your members to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look however you want it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you the opportunity to do so without limits. You can get started with the blog post by making one with Text Editor. You may include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach, group your posts into different categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode there are two options: release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private one which only your subscribers have access to. Dain Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement Dain Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails for your campaign as you wish and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can even select which of your members gets to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of you. Apart from paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to see how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Dain Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features are one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features that require more effort and time, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even beginners are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO – for when you need to persuade your audience to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to market your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build your sales funnel from the ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails you will require to create an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You can even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme The library is full of 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi provides customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can either make your student pay for services at various time frames (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or give them away for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for one item or for a variety of products, as well as specify specific dates your customers can access within a given time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase all of your products. Dain Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses However, you can connect to third-party apps for more functions. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to help you whenever you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users, live chat support is scheduled at certain times and days during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to create useful course content. Dain Kajabi
For tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their standing in the field of course development. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for other advice and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you in the right direction. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they achieve their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and market your course content However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. Most of them would be extremely useful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of options for question types as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are limitations too.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for custom integrations, such as the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack of features, it might cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might be considering when making your choice. Dain Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month You are able to create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable cost, we can imagine the ways Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price It certainly has higher-end features than the other as well as live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it works. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs use. It certainly has all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing like the issue of certificates in particular. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the best option for those with a tight budget. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Dain Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it makes sense that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices so that you and your subscribed members can access your entire courses even while on the go. Dain Kajabi