Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many essential features that can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to promote your courses to your target audience, others might not offer all of the features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that have an editing experience so complex that it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they offer almost everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Does Kajabi Do Subscription Billing?
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you create and sell your courses to an customers. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not just create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive score with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? Well, there are quite many factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales almost all of Kajabi’s features can be digestible even for those who are new in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over others. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop an online course without the need to look elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require, living up its ‘one stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form, of its important attributes that you ought to watch out for in the event you’re considering the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and other products along with a blog where you can keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Make the most of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other viable ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of customer service, community and training tools and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who are part of different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who would like to give it a try. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed within each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. This plan lets you can create three products, gain a maximum of 1 000 active clients, and make a website that you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing emails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded with all the features you could ask for when making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day no-cost trial is available on each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts for up to 30 days also offered on select blogs. So if you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services for that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. Making content with the site and course builder software has never been so easy and quick, as it requires less effort and time to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations. In addition to native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. Does Kajabi Do Subscription Billing?
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the user interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of clutter, as some aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You can build a landing page, modify your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar it allows you to search for tools and items within the site by entering the search terms. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages that English for those who want to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of course or product templates or the way it calls it blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure designed for a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled over an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content when you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create a course or product from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are known as post categories as well as category, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you can insert different types of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories serve as folders for the posts that are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all your files to your courses in one page. This is a great option especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your company’s image like your logo, images, and font design into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Does Kajabi Do Subscription Billing?
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments are an effective way to determine if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments option, you are able to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your material more.
In addition in addition, the LMS site has also made progress in providing spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature your students are able to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone feature or as component of your member space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents on your website’s domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across the three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automated SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain as well as choose from a wide array of unique, professional themes that you can customize to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and above, you get to import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs and also remove all Kajabi branding and replace that with your own!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the available themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content including text, media files or clickable icons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets it is logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look as you wish it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post information and comments on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you an area where you can do so without limits. You can get started with posting blog content by making one with an editor for text. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into various categories and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes you can choose between two choices: publish the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users can get access to. Does Kajabi Do Subscription Billing?
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails about your course and website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than sending e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Does Kajabi Do Subscription Billing?
You can create as many emails to your campaigns as you want and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can choose which of your members gets to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been so complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates to help in promoting your site on your behalf. Apart from paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to see how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Does Kajabi Do Subscription Billing?
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features is the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms provide similar features that require more effort and time, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your target public to buy your product by utilizing an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to market your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create your sales funnel from the ground
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different The library is full of 40+ page templates that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn are immediately sent to your bank account.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi provides an array of options for you of options to select from. You can either charge your students for your services at various dates (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or hand them out for free. You can also choose to decide if you want to charge a set amount for a specific item or for a variety of products, as well as specify specific dates your students can access your products within a specific timeframe. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy any of your offers. Does Kajabi Do Subscription Billing?
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to make and market your courses, but you also can connect to third-party apps for more functions. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for Basic users, live chat is available at certain times and days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to create relevant educational content. Does Kajabi Do Subscription Billing?
As for training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the field of course development. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of additional advice and tricks the help desk is available to help you on your way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and promote your course content, but we have to address a few vital things that are not being addressed. A majority of them could be extremely useful to improve the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will require a connection to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like for the absence of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, like having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site could make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy alternatives that you might be considering when making your choice. Does Kajabi Do Subscription Billing?
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price we can imagine the way Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other has which includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it operates. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can use. It certainly has all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools that are missing like the issue of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, but it is a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ Does Kajabi Do Subscription Billing?
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app for you and your subscribers can access your entire course content even when you’re in the move. Does Kajabi Do Subscription Billing?