Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many important features you can utilize when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to promote your courses to your intended audience, others might not provide all these features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that provide editing options that is so complicated it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they also offer nearly everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Does Kajabi Host Websites
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to make and sell your courses to an student audience. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? It’s true that there are many factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over the rest. Additionally this allows students like you run and develop courses without having to travel elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points, of its important attributes that you ought to watch out for when you’re thinking about using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizing tools, media files, and templates you can select according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and materials, as well as your own blog to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with email marketing and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of community and training materials, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people that are from various industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who want to give it a try. But considering the huge amount of important features included within every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, gain up to 1000 active users, as well as make a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded to the brim with every feature you could ask for when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is offered for all three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days offered on select blogs. If you’re looking to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, the short free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services for that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the most popular features on the platform, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. Making content using the site and course builder software has never been this easy and swift, and it requires less effort and time to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students enrolled in your classes. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s no free option available neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Does Kajabi Host Websites
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You can build your own landing page, alter your course, and communicate with your instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching and allows you to search for tools and items on the site by typing in the keywords. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages than English in case you want to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of course or product templates, or what the platform calls them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure that are designed to provide a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create your own course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you will notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons called groups and posts and vice versa. Posts are where you insert various types of content, like text, videos, and images, while the categories function as folders in which the posts are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name, you can add all your files to your courses on one page. This is a great option especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ themes for courses. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image including logos, images, and font design into the course player to add a your own personal style. Does Kajabi Host Websites
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments feature, you can select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your material more.
In addition, the LMS website has made strides in creating areas for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with other students your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone product or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, as well as choose from a wide array of premium, unique themes, all of which you can customize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and above, you get to import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs, plus take away the Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories we discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website including media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile and select the elements of your website you want for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to make your site look how you would like it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you an area where you can publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by making your own using an editor for text. It is possible to include SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into different categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode there are two options: release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private one that only your users are able to access. Does Kajabi Host Websites
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are highly easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails about your course and website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement Does Kajabi Host Websites
You can create as many e-mails to the campaign you wish and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can choose which of your members gets to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates in order to advertise your website on behalf of you. Apart from paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Does Kajabi Host Websites
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms have similar features that require much more time and effort and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners can benefit from it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your target public to buy your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct your sales funnel from starting
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different The library is with more than 40 page templates that you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi gives an array of options for you of pricing options. You can charge your students for your products at various time frames (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or give them away to them for free. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a single product or multiple items, and establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a given time frame. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy any of your offers. Does Kajabi Host Websites
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses However, you have the option to connect to other third-party applications for more functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always available to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for Basic users Live chat support is scheduled at certain times and times of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to create relevant educational content. Does Kajabi Host Websites
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to access resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their standing in the world of course design. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for additional information and tips the help desk will be there to help you in the right direction. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they meet their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and market your course content, but we have to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like for the absence of question type options – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t understand why there are limitations as well.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations for example, letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site may cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may want to consider when making your choice. Does Kajabi Host Websites
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than even Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable price it’s easy to understand the ways Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than the other as well as live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it functions. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the tools that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need to be able to create a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools that are missing like the issue of certificates in particular. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limits. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from being a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ Does Kajabi Host Websites
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and your subscribers have access to all courses even while on the go. Does Kajabi Host Websites