A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer a variety of crucial features that can be utilized when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to market your courses to your intended audience, some might not offer all of those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may provide editing options that is so complicated they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they offer nearly all you can think of including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: How do you define Kajabi? Embedding In Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to make and sell your courses to an customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming positive rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? It’s true that there are many aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to marketing the majority of Kajabi’s aspects can be digestible for people who are just getting started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over others. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create courses without having to go elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need, living up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form, of its important features that you may want to watch out for if you’re considering using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizing tools including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and other products along with your own blog to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages, and other methods to increase your profits, further your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to invoice your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of community and training tools and features, including Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names that are from various sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. At the time of time of writing Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different than other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who would want to give it a try. With the abundance of essential features already packed into each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. In this plan, you can create three products, garner an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month yearly and is packed with all the features you’d want when designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available on each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is available on certain blogs. So if you wish to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with any other third-party service to do this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. Making content with the site and course creator software was never this easy and swift, and it takes less effort and time to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s no free option available neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Embedding In Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are divided into five major sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of confusion, as certain aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar, and it lets you look for items and tools within the site by typing in the keywords. Like we said the website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other that English for those who want to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of product or course templates, or what the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version courses with a complete content structure that are designed to provide a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content if you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create a course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you will notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are called post categories as well as category, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you put in different types of content, such as text, video, and images, while the categories serve as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to be added to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests that you can upload all your files to your courses on the same tab. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand including logos or images as well as font design into your course player to cultivate an individual touch. Embedding In Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your content more.
Apart from that in addition, the LMS website also has made progress in providing spaces for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature your students are able to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone feature or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name or WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re assured of instant security and security through the automatic SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to modify your domain as well as choose from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can customize to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as take away the Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the website themes with a suite of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website including text, media files as well as clickable button. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the elements of your website you want for your members to see. With all the tools you need to build your site how you would like it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi lets you create an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can publish comments and updates about your course’s content. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-created website it provides the opportunity to do so without limits. It is possible to begin with the blog post by creating one using an editor for text. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into various categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast you can choose between two options: either release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users have access to. Embedding In Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are highly user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Embedding In Kajabi
You are able to create as many e-mails to your campaigns as you wish and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can even select the members you want to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been more comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to advertise your website on your behalf. In addition to paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to see how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Embedding In Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts is its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms have similar features that require much more time and effort however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to persuade your public to buy your product by utilizing an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build an effective sales funnel right from ground
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You can even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme – there is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For the pricing, Kajabi gives an array of options for you of options to select from. You can cost your pupils for the products at different times (one-time or subscription and several payments) or give them away to them for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a single product or multiple products, and specify specific dates your members can access within a given time frame. You can also create coupons to encourage your customers to purchase the products you offer. Embedding In Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you create and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for Basic users live chat is available for specific times and on certain days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to design meaningful courses. Embedding In Kajabi
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives you a variety of ways to resources that you can learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their standing in the world of course design. There are also daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for more advice and tricks the help desk will be there to help you along the way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they achieve their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material, but we have to take care of a few essential things that are missing. A majority of them could have been very useful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of options for question types – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limitations as well.
- A public API key. This could be useful for custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack of features, it could make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities in comparison to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might want to consider in making your choice. Embedding In Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without worrying about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable price range it’s easy to understand how Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer greater features that the other has which includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it operates. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing like the issue of certificates in particular. With a high price tag, it may not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Embedding In Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and your subscribed members have access to all courses even while in the move. Embedding In Kajabi