Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have various important features you can use when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your target viewers, other platforms may not have most of these features. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that have an editing experience so complicated that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just an easy editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that, they also provide you with nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance: How do you define Kajabi? Emily Jeffords Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you make and sell your content to your customers. Branded as an all-in-one service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? Well, there are quite many reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing the majority of the Kajabi features can be digestible for people who are just getting started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an advantage over other instructors. Lastly this allows students like you to run and create an online course without having to go to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need, living up its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points of the most important features that you may want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizable tools including media files, templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and products, as well as your own blog to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages and other methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training materials, with the addition of Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands on thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. As of this time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who might be interested in giving the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of features that are included into every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, gain a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and design a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo when paid annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually, which is filled to the brim with all the features you’d want when making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is available for all three plans. An extended trial that lasts up to 30 days is also available on certain blogs. If you wish to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, then the brief free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the website and course creator software was never so easy and quick, as it requires less effort and time to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations. Apart from native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s no free option available neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Emily Jeffords Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s User Interface (UI) is structured. If you check the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of clutter, as some features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You can create a landing page, modify your course and interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the form of a search bar, and allows you to search for items and tools within the website by typing in the words. Like we said the site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other that English in case you want to share your content with broader audience.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of product or course templates or, as the platform refers to them blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure that are designed to provide an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content if you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints let you make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons known as post categories as well as category, or. Posts are the places where you can insert different types of content, like text, videos and images, whereas the categories act as folders where the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them either from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests, you can add all your files to your courses on one page. This can be useful particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms where you’re only offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for different products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any theme to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements of your brand like your logo images, fonts, and designs , into the course player to add a your own personal style. Emily Jeffords Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective way to determine if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. Through the assessment feature, you can choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content more.
In addition aside from that, in addition, the LMS site has also made strides in creating areas for teachers and students to interact. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone item or as a part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content on your website’s domain or WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automatic SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, and also pick from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can modify to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan or higher you can import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs as well as eliminate any Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your own!
Like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories from when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the content of the website including media files, text or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the elements of your website you want for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to create your website how you would like it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating the blog post by making your own using Text Editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into various categories or even change the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode you can choose between two options: either release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private version that only your users can get access to. Emily Jeffords Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails about your course and website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement Emily Jeffords Kajabi
You are able to create as many emails to the campaign you wish and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose the members you want to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been so complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Emily Jeffords Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s top features can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more time and effort however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for when you need to convince your intended audience to buy your product by utilizing an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from beginning
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You can even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different There is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it gives customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can charge your students for your products at various times (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or distribute them to them for free. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a specific item or for a variety of items, and specify specific dates your customers can access within a given timeframe. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase the products you offer. Emily Jeffords Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you develop and promote your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for Basic users Live chat is available at certain times and days during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to create meaningful educational content. Emily Jeffords Kajabi
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their standing in the course creation world. There are also daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for additional tips and tricks the help desk will be there to help you in the right direction. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and market your course content, but we have to address a few vital things that are not being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we aren’t sure if there are limitations too.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for custom integrations, for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might want to consider in making your choice. Emily Jeffords Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market to your target audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, far easier than even Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. With the extremely affordable price it’s easy to understand how Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price It certainly has higher-end features than Kajabi, and this includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it functions. But, we need to appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It certainly has all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite, which includes the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there for example, the issuance of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the best option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Emily Jeffords Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. If you do want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices so that you and your subscribers can access your entire courses even while on the go. Emily Jeffords Kajabi