A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have many important features you can utilize when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired audience, some might not offer all of these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that have an editing experience that is so complicated they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they offer nearly everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell How do you define Kajabi? How Easy Or Difficult Is Kajabi To Use 2021
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to create and sell your course content to your customers. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? It’s true that there are numerous factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From course creation to marketing and sales the majority of Kajabi’s features can be easily digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over others. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop a course-making business without having to travel to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the key characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of tools for customizing including media files, templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to present your course content and other products and a blog where you can keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages, and other methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of community and training materials in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. In the last time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different from other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who want to give it a try. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed in each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, reach up to 1,000 active customers, and design a website that you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly that is loaded to the brim with every feature you’d like when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available for all three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days available on selected blogs, so if you want to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions for this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. Making content using the website and course builders hasn’t been so easy and quick, as it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations. Apart from native integrations that integrate with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students in your classes. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s no free option available neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign tests or assignments. How Easy Or Difficult Is Kajabi To Use 2021
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design does not allow for obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You can create your own landing page, alter your course, and communicate with your instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching, and allows you to search for tools and items on the site by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages than English in case you want to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products or what the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed in order to increase brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure designed for an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for a set series of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course-maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create a course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons called post categories as well as category, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you can insert different types of content, like text, videos and images, whereas the categories act as folders where the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files to be added to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload all of them directly from your computer folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses on the same tab. This can be useful especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit various products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image like your logo or images as well as font design into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. How Easy Or Difficult Is Kajabi To Use 2021
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you can select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your content more.
Aside from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has made progress in creating areas for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered as a separate product or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents with your domain name or WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across all 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with the automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain as well as pick from a variety of unique, professional themes, which you can personalize to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and higher, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as eliminate the Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your personal brand!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the content of the website, such as media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections are, however are made up of multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets these days, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking which site element you wish for your members to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look however you want it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share comments and updates on your course content. If you want to make the most of your Kajabi-made site it provides the opportunity to do so without limits. Start by creating posting blog content by making one with the text editor. You may include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach, group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast you can choose between two options: release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private version that only your users are able to access. How Easy Or Difficult Is Kajabi To Use 2021
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are highly convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than sending e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement How Easy Or Difficult Is Kajabi To Use 2021
You can send as many emails to your campaigns as you want and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can choose which of your members gets to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates to help advertise your website on behalf of you. Alongside paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. How Easy Or Difficult Is Kajabi To Use 2021
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features can be its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more effort and time however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to persuade your customers to purchase your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your product via web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create your sales funnel from starting
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails you will require to create an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different – there is a library with more than 40 templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can either cost your pupils for the services at different times (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or give them away for free. You can also choose to decide if you want to charge a specified price for a single product or multiple products, as well as specify specific dates your students can access your products within a specific timeframe. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your audience to purchase all of your products. How Easy Or Difficult Is Kajabi To Use 2021
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you make and market your courses However, you can connect to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is available to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for Basic users Live chat is available at certain times and days on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to create useful educational content. How Easy Or Difficult Is Kajabi To Use 2021
For tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their standing in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of other information and tips the help desk is always there to guide you in the right direction. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they achieve their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and promote your course content however, we must take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. Most of them would be extremely useful to improve the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party software that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like that the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are limitations too.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack of features, it might cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with commonalities with Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may want to consider in making your choice. How Easy Or Difficult Is Kajabi To Use 2021
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without worrying about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price, we can imagine how Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price It certainly has higher-end features than the other has which includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it functions. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi does not have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It certainly has all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools that are missing like the issuance of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking for an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ How Easy Or Difficult Is Kajabi To Use 2021
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s enough to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app for you and your subscribers have access to all course content even when you’re on the go. How Easy Or Difficult Is Kajabi To Use 2021