Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with various crucial features that can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your target viewers, other platforms might not offer all of the features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that provide editing options so complicated that it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are some that provide more than the basic editing interface but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that, they also provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: How do you define Kajabi? How To Create A Kajabi Membership
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you make and sell your content to your student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? Well, there are quite many factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation to the marketing services almost all of Kajabi’s features can be accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over others. Lastly this allows students such as you manage and build an online course without having to travel elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi provides all the tools anyone may need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form of the most important characteristics that you might want to watch out for if you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizing tools including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and materials along with a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to bill your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community and training tools, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people who come from different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. As of this writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who would want to give the service a shot. With the abundance of features that are included within every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you can create three products, reach a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and create a website that you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually that is loaded to the brim with all the features you’d want when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is available on all three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days available on selected blogs. If you wish to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions for that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. The creation of content using the site and the course builders hasn’t been this simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free option available either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. How To Create A Kajabi Membership
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s users interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and engage with other instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching it allows you to search for items and tools within the site by entering the keywords. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other than English if you wish to share your content with broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of course or product templates or, as the platform calls it blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version types with a complete content structure designed for the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes which are planned over an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content if you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course-maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create your own course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are referred to as post categories as well as category, respectively. The posts are where you insert various kinds of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders in which the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories for posts in one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to include in your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one tab. This one is handy particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any theme to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs , into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. How To Create A Kajabi Membership
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments are a helpful way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content more.
Apart from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also made progress in creating areas for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature, your students are able to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone product or as an element of membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name or WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across three pricing plans. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with the automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, and also pick from a variety of premium, unique themes, all of which you can modify to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus eliminate all Kajabi branding and replace that with your personal brand!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the content of the website, such as text, media files or clickable icons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays it is logical for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to build your site how you would like it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you the opportunity to do so without limits. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by creating one with Text Editor. You may include SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach or group your posts into various categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes you can choose between two choices: publish it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private version that only your members can get access to. How To Create A Kajabi Membership
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement How To Create A Kajabi Membership
You are able to create as many e-mails to your campaigns as you wish and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can choose the members you want the messages. The management of e-mails has never been so complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of you. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. How To Create A Kajabi Membership
Another of Kajabi’s top features is its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more effort and time however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners can make better use of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to persuade your customers to purchase your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from starting
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the look of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different The library is full of 40+ page templates that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
For pricing options, Kajabi offers an array of options for you of options to select from. You can either charge your students for your services at different times (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or distribute them for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for one item or for a variety of products, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a specific timeframe. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy any of your offers. How To Create A Kajabi Membership
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to make and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to assist you when you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled for certain times and times during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to design meaningful courses. How To Create A Kajabi Membership
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their position in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for more advice and tricks assistance, the help section is available to help you in the right direction. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they meet their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and market your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. A majority of them could be extremely useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are limitations as well.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, like having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan, and the lack of features, it may make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may think about in your decision. How To Create A Kajabi Membership
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly cost it’s easy to understand the ways Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price It certainly has higher-end features than the other which includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it works. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need to be able to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There could be some tools that are missing like the issue of certificates specifically. With a high price tag, it may not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ How To Create A Kajabi Membership
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app so that you and your subscribers can access your entire course materials even when on the go. How To Create A Kajabi Membership