Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with many crucial features that you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to market your courses to your intended audience, some may not have most of the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that offer editing features that are that is so complicated they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that offer not just the basic editing interface but also an array of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they also offer nearly all you can think of such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you make and sell your content to your customers. Branded as an all-in-one service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? It’s true that there are numerous aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are digestible for people who are just getting started in the world of online courses. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors the added edge over other instructors. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create an online course without the need to look elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets of the most important characteristics that you might want to watch out for in the event you’re considering using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Build a presentable website to present your course content and other products along with your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages and other effective methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training materials and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names that are from various sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who would want to give Kajabi a go. With the abundance of important features included in every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. This plan lets you can create three products, gain up to 1,000 active customers, and make your own website you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month yearly, which is filled to the brim with all the features you’d want when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available for each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts for up to 30 days available on certain blogs. If you want to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as e-mail marketing and automation, are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions for that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content using the website and course builders hasn’t been so easy and swift, and it requires less effort and time to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations. In addition to native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students in your classes. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s not a free option as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for confusion, as certain elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and engage with other instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar, it allows you to search for tools and items on the site by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other that English for those who want to share your content with broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products, or what the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created in order to increase brand value, while online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure designed for a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course-maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are called categories and posts, or. Posts are where you insert various types of content, like text, videos images, and text, while the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all your files to your courses on one page. This one is handy particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment option, you are able to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content.
In addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website has made progress in creating areas for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature students have access to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone feature or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name as well as WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re assured of instant safety and security with an automated SSL certification and a team to help maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain as well as pick from a wide array of premium, unique themes that you can personalize to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan and above you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs and also eliminate the Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the given website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the content of the website, such as text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections are, however are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets it is logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking the elements of your website you want for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website how you would like it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share comments and updates on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with posting blog content by creating one using Text Editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach or group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are highly user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
You can create as many e-mails for your campaign as you like and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can even select which of your members gets the messages. The management of e-mails has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Another of Kajabi’s standouts are one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This stunning feature lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use any time you wish to convince your target customers to purchase your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for whenever you’re promoting your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from starting
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and emails you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme There is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings are immediately sent to your bank account.
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to create and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to use resources to master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their position in the field of course development. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of more tips and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you in the right direction. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they meet their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material, but we have to take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require a connection to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we’d like for the lack of options for question types – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we aren’t sure if there are limitations as well.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for custom integrations, like the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable price range, we can understand the ways Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than Kajabi as well as live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it works. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi does not have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools missing, such as the issue of certificates in particular. With a high cost, it may not be the best option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that can provide everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?