Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer a variety of important features you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your intended audience, some may not have most of those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may provide editing options so complex that they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are some which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they offer almost everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: What is Kajabi? Kajabi And Pixels
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to create and sell your courses to an audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not only create a professional site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? It’s true that there are plenty of aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. First, it’s the ease of use. From course creation to marketing the majority of the Kajabi features can be digestible even for those who are just getting started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over other instructors. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop a course-making business without having to go elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets of the key characteristics that you might want to watch out for when you’re thinking about using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizing tools such as media files, templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and products, as well as blogs to keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of customer service, community, and training resources, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people that are from various sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who would want to give Kajabi a go. With the abundance of features that are included in each plan, the pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. In this plan, you can create three products, reach a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month yearly and is packed with all the features you’d want when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is available on certain blogs. If you want to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services for that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. Making content with the site and the course builders hasn’t been so easy and swift, and it requires less effort and time to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations. Aside from native integrations that integrate with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students in your classes. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available neither.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi And Pixels
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you will find that all the features are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for clutter, as some aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can build a landing page, modify your course and interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the form of a search bar, it allows you to search for items and tools within the website by typing in the search terms. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages that English if you wish to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products or what the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created as a way to build brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content created to offer an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for a set series of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content when you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course-maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create an entire course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you will notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are known as categories and posts, respectively. The posts are where you insert various kinds of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories function as folders where the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to include in your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload any of them through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one page. This is a great option particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit different products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to modify any theme to fit your style. You can even incorporate details of your brand, such as the logo images, fonts, and design into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kajabi And Pixels
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your course. Assessments are a helpful way to assess whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you can select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your content.
Apart from that, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also made strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to connect. With the Community feature, your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is available as a separate item or as a an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents to your web domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on 3 pricing options. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with the automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain as well as choose from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can customize to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you can download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs and also take away any Kajabi branding and replace it with your own!
Like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories from when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website including media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets it’s logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by picking the elements of your website you want for your members to view. With all the tools you need to make your site look how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with the blog post by making one using an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach, group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode there are two options: either release the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private podcast which only your subscribers are able to access. Kajabi And Pixels
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi And Pixels
You can create as many e-mails for the campaign you like and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can even select the members you want to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates in order to advertise your website on behalf of you. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to see how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi And Pixels
Another of Kajabi’s top features is the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated problems. While other platforms have similar features that require more time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to persuade your audience to buy your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for whenever you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from beginning
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails you will require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different There is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
For price options for Kajabi, it provides you a wide range of options to select from. You can either charge your students for your services at different dates (one-time or subscription and several payments) or hand them out at no cost. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for one item or for a variety of products, and establish specific dates for your customers can access within a specific period of time. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi And Pixels
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you create and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users live chat support is scheduled for specific times and on certain days of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop meaningful course content. Kajabi And Pixels
For tools for training, Kajabi gives an array of options to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their position in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for more information and tips the help desk is available to help you along the way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and promote your course content However, we need to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would be extremely useful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like that the absence of question type options and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are limitations too.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, like letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity in comparison to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may want to consider when making your choice. Kajabi And Pixels
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features It’s a lot lighter than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly price range we can imagine the ways Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than Kajabi which includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it functions. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs make use of. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs to be able to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there, such as the issue of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the best choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Kajabi And Pixels
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribed members can access all your course materials even when traveling. Kajabi And Pixels