A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with many crucial features that you can use when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your intended audience, some might not provide all those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that offer editing features that are so complicated that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just the basic editing interface but also an array of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they provide you with nearly everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi And Zoom
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you develop and market your course content to your audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not only create a professional site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelming positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? It’s true that there are many aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From course creation to the marketing services the majority of Kajabi’s aspects can be easily digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over other instructors. Lastly this allows students like you run and develop a course-making business without having to travel elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets of the key characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizable tools including media files, templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and other products and a blog where you can keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages and other effective ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training tools in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation tools in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who might be interested in giving the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of features that are included in each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo for billing annually. This plan lets you can create three products, garner up to 1000 active users, as well as make a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly, which is filled with all the features you’d like when making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. However, a 14-day trial is available. trial is available for all three plans. An extended trial that lasts for up to 30 days also offered on select blogs. So if you want to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, the limited free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with other third-party services to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. The creation of content using the site and course builders hasn’t been this easy and swift, and it requires less time and effort to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations that integrate with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students in any of your courses. You can also connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s not a free option neither.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi And Zoom
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s user interface (UI) is structured. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are divided into five major sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design does not allow for obstruction, since some of the features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching, and it lets you look for specific tools and products on the website by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages that English if you wish to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of product or course templates or, as the platform calls them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version courses with a complete content structure designed for a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content if you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints let you create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create your own course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are referred to as groups and posts and vice versa. Posts are the places where you can insert different kinds of content, such as text, video, and images, while the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your course in the same tab. This can be useful especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit various products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand like your logo images, fonts, and designs , into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Kajabi And Zoom
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to make quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments are a helpful way to assess whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment option, you are able to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your content more.
In addition aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has been able to make strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature your students are able to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone product or as component of your member.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automated SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, and also pick from a wide array of unique, professional themes, all of which you can personalize to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan and higher, you get to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as take away any Kajabi branding and replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts we discussed when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that compose the site’s content, such as media files, text or clickable icons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets these days, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking the elements of your website you want for your members to view. With all the tools you need to create your website how you would like it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can publish updates and thoughts on your course content. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you a space where you can do so without limits. Start by creating posting blog content by making one using Text Editor. You can include SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience or group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two choices: publish it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast which only your subscribers have access to. Kajabi And Zoom
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi And Zoom
You can create as many e-mails for your campaign as you like and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can choose which of your members gets to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates in order to promote your content on your behalf. Alongside paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to gauge how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi And Zoom
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features are its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms have similar features that require much more effort and time, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to persuade your audience to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build the sales funnel you want from the ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and emails you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different The library is full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn are immediately sent to your bank account.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can either charge your students for your products at different time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or hand them out to them for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a set amount for one item or for a variety of items, and establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a given timeframe. You can also create coupons to encourage your audience to purchase all of your products. Kajabi And Zoom
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to create and market your courses, but you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to assist you when you’re struggling to create a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users live chat is available at certain times and times during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop relevant educational content. Kajabi And Zoom
For tools to train, Kajabi provides an array of options to access resources that you can master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their position in the course creation world. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for more information and tips, the help center is available to help you on your way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material however, we must look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of question type options – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are limits too.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan, and the lack of features, it might turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities with Kajabi regarding reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy alternatives that you might want to consider in your decision. Kajabi And Zoom
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without worrying about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features It’s a lot lighter than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range, we can understand how Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer greater features that Kajabi which includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It does provide the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some tools missing for example, the issuance of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the best option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from being a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kajabi And Zoom
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course content even when you’re in the move. Kajabi And Zoom