A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have many crucial features that you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your target viewers, other platforms may not have most of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be few that may have an editing experience so complicated that it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they offer nearly everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance What is Kajabi? Kajabi App
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you create and sell your content to your customers. Branded as an all-in-one service that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses , but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and is regarded as one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are numerous aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From the course creation to the marketing services, nearly all of Kajabi’s features are designed to be digestible even for those who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over other instructors. Lastly this allows students like you run and develop a course-making business without having to go to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets, of its important attributes that you ought to keep an eye on if you’re considering using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of tools for customizing such as media files, templates that you can pick in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and products along with blogs to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other effective methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to invoice your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing, CRM, and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of community, and training resources, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names who are part of different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who want to give Kajabi a go. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed into each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, gain an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually, which is filled to the brim with all the features you’d like when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. But a 14-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is offered on select blogs. If you wish to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with other third-party services to do that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. Making content using the site and course creator software was never so easy and quick, as it requires less effort and time to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations. Aside from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students in your classes. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s not a free option as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi App
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we like one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you will find that all the features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for confusion, as certain elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You can create an online landing page, change your course and interact with your fellow instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that can be useful when you need to search for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar it allows you to search for specific tools and products within the site by entering the search terms. Like we said the site builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages that English if you wish to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of templates for courses or products, or what the platform calls them blueprints. Each blueprint for a product is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created as a means of gaining brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure that are designed to provide an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled for an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course-maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons called groups and posts respectively. Posts are where you can insert different types of content such as text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders in which the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. Upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests that you can upload all your files to your courses in one tab. This is a great option especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for different products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your company’s image, such as the logo or images as well as font designs into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Kajabi App
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments can be a great way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content.
In addition, the LMS site has also made progress in creating areas for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature students have access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate item or as a component of your member area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on the 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with the automatic SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, as well as pick from a range of premium, unique themes, all of which you can customize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as take away all Kajabi branding and replace it with your own!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories from when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the site’s content including text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays it is logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking which site element you wish for your member learners to view. With all the necessary tools to create your website how you would like it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post comments and updates on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you the opportunity to do so without limits. Start by creating the blog post by creating your own using an editor for text. You may incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into various categories and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two options: release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your members can get access to. Kajabi App
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi App
You can create as many e-mails for your campaign as you like and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible the messages. E-mail management has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to determine the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi App
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features are the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require more time and effort and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option whenever you want to convince your target public to buy your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from the beginning
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one There is a library with more than 40 page templates that you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn are instantly transferred to your bank account.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi gives an array of options for you of options to select from. You can make your student pay for services at different time frames (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or distribute them for free. You can also choose to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for a specific product or multiple items, and set specific dates that your members can access within a certain timeframe. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi App
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you create and market your courses However, you can connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to assist you if you’re struggling to create a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled at certain times and days during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by many who use it to create meaningful educational content. Kajabi App
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to use resources to master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the field of course development. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for additional information and tips the help desk is always there to guide you in the right direction. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and market your course content However, we need to take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. The majority of these would have been very useful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish for the lack of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are certain limits as well.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations like letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack of features, it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might be considering in making your choice. Kajabi App
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market to your target audience without ever having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly price, we can imagine the ways Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than the other has which includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it works. But, we need to appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need to be able to create a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few tools missing, such as the issue of certificates specifically. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that can provide everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Kajabi App
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it makes sense that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices so that you and the members who have subscribed have access to all courses even while traveling. Kajabi App