Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with many crucial features that can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to promote your courses to your intended audience, some may not have most of those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that provide editing options so complicated that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they also provide you with nearly everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Audio
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you make and sell your courses to an student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? Well, there are quite many reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be easily digestible for people who are new in the world of online courses. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over the rest. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create a course-making business without the need to look elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need, living up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points, of its important characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and products and a blog where you can keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Effectively utilize the landing page, checkout pages, and other effective ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a subscription for a month;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with email marketing as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of community, customer service and training materials in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people who come from different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. As of this writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different than other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who want to give the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed within each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, gain a maximum of 1 000 active clients, and make a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly that is loaded with every feature you could ask for when making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is available on all three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days also available on certain blogs, so if you wish to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including email marketing and automation are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service for that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content with the site and course builder software has never been so easy and quick, as it requires less time and effort to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you engage with the students in any of your courses. You can also connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the average monthly rates offered by other services. There’s no free option available neither.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Audio
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s user interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are divided into five major sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You get to create an online landing page, change your course, and even communicate with your instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar, and it lets you look for items and tools on the site by entering the search terms. Like we said the site builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages that English for those who want to share your content with broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will soon encounter a list of course or product templates or the way it calls it blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created as a means of gaining brand value, while online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure designed for the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content when you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course maker. But, aside from the courses, the blueprints also allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create a course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these segments and classes are referred to as groups and posts respectively. Posts are where you insert various types of content including text, video images, and text, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests that you can upload all your files to your course in the same tab. This one is handy particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit different products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any theme to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand including logos images, fonts, and design into the course player to add a an individual touch. Kajabi Audio
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you can select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content.
Aside from that aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website has been able to make strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to communicate. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with other students your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate feature or as an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain or WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on the three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with an automatic SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your site.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as choose from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can personalize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and higher, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs, plus take away any Kajabi branding and replace it with your own!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website, such as media files, text or clickable icons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and small tablets it is logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adapt to a mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to create your website as you wish it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi lets you create an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can post comments and updates about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you an area where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with your blog posts by creating one using Text Editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into various categories and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode you can choose between two options: release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your users have access to. Kajabi Audio
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Audio
You can create as many e-mails for the campaign you want and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can even select which of your members gets the messages. Managing e-mails has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates who can help promote your content on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to see how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Audio
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features can be its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms have similar features that require more effort and time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This amazing feature lets you select from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to persuade your audience to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build the sales funnel you want from the beginning
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails you will require to create an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You may even change the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different There is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi gives an array of options for you of options to select from. You can choose to cost your pupils for the services at various times (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or hand them out for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for one product or multiple items, and set specific dates that your members can access within a given period of time. Additionally, you can create coupons to encourage your audience to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Audio
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to create and market your courses however, you also can connect to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is available to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users Live chat support is scheduled for specific times and on certain days during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to design meaningful course content. Kajabi Audio
As for tools for training, Kajabi gives an array of options to resources that you can learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their position in the world of course design. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of other information and tips the help desk is available to help you on your way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material however, we must look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of question type options as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits as well.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations like having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan, and the lack of features, it could make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity in comparison to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may be considering in making your choice. Kajabi Audio
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than other. But considering the very budget-friendly price we can understand the way Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than Kajabi as well as live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can use. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite, which includes the ability to understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing like the issuance of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the best option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Audio
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and your subscribers have access to all course materials even when on the go. Kajabi Audio