Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with a variety of essential features that can be utilized when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to market your courses to your desired viewers, other platforms might not offer all of these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may offer editing features that are that is so complicated they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they provide you with nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Beyond The Bell
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to make and sell your content to your student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? It’s true that there are plenty of reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to use. First, it’s the simplicity of usage. From the course creation to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over other instructors. Additionally this allows students like you to run and create a course-making business without having to travel elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi provides all the tools anyone may need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the key features that you may want to be aware of in the event you’re considering using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of customizable tools including media files, templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and other products, as well as a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages and other ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of community and training tools in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who come from different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands on thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who might want to give it a try. However, when you consider the number of important features included within every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, reach a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as make websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by the platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded to the brim with every feature you’d like when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. But a 14-day no-cost trial is available for all three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is available on certain blogs, so if you want to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as e-mail marketing and automation, are designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the most popular features on the platform The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. Making content using the site and course builders hasn’t been this easy and swift, and it takes less effort and time to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations. In addition to native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s not a free option either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Beyond The Bell
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s users interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are divided into five major sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You can create a landing page, modify your course, and engage with other instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching it allows you to search for items and tools within the website by typing in the search terms. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages that English if you wish to share your content with broader audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of course or product templates or the way it calls them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version versions that have a complete structure of content created to offer the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content if you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course-maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are referred to as post categories as well as category, respectively. The posts are where you put in different types of content including text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests that you can upload all your files to your courses in one tab. This is a great option especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any theme to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand including logos, images, and font design into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Kajabi Beyond The Bell
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective way to assess if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment feature, you can choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content more.
Apart from that aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also made strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to interact. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate feature or as an element of membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on three pricing plans. What’s awesome about it is you’re assured of instant security and safety with an automatic SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as pick from a variety of premium, unique themes that you can customize to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and above you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs, plus take away the Kajabi branding and replace that with your personal brand!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the given themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the content of the website, such as text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to make your site look how you would like it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi allows you to create a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you want to make the most of your Kajabi-made site it provides a space where you can do so without limits. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by making one using an editor for text. You can incorporate SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience or group your posts into different categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast, you have two options: release the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private podcast that only your users can get access to. Kajabi Beyond The Bell
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are highly easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Beyond The Bell
You are able to create as many e-mails to your campaign as you want and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can choose which of your members gets to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to promote your content on your behalf. Apart from paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to see how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Beyond The Bell
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms have similar features that require much more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners can make better use of it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to persuade your audience to buy your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from starting
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme The library is filled with 40+ page templates that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi provides customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can charge your students for your services at different dates (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or hand them out to them for free. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a single product or multiple products, and specify specific dates your members can access within a given timeframe. You can also create coupons to encourage your audience to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Beyond The Bell
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to create and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users, live chat support is scheduled at certain times and days on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to create relevant educational content. Kajabi Beyond The Bell
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to use resources to master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the world of course design. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for additional tips and tricks assistance, the help section will be there to help you along the way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they reach their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish for the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are limits too.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack in features it could turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with commonalities with Kajabi regarding performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might think about when making your choice. Kajabi Beyond The Bell
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market to your target audience without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features It’s a lot lighter than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable price we can see the ways Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer higher-end features than Kajabi which includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it works. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It does provide the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some tools missing like the issue of certificates in particular. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that gives you all you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Beyond The Bell
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices for you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire courses even while traveling. Kajabi Beyond The Bell