A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer many crucial features that can be utilized when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your target audience, others may not have most of these features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that have an editing experience so complex that it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are some which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that, they also provide you with nearly everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Beyond The Red Tent
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you make and sell your course content to your customers. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? There are many factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation to the marketing services the majority of Kajabi’s features are designed to be accessible to those who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over other instructors. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build courses without having to travel to another place if something else is not available. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets of the most important features that you may want to watch out for if you’re considering using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and other products, as well as a blog where you can keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages and other viable methods to boost your profits, further your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of community, and training resources and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of many of the most well-known people who are part of different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different from other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who like to give the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of features that are included into each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. This plan lets you can create three products, gain an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and make a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly, which is filled with all the features you could ask for when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day trial is available. trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is available on certain blogs. If you’re looking to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the limited trial offer is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content with the site and course builders hasn’t been this simple and fast, since it requires less effort and time to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations. In addition to native integrations that integrate with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students enrolled in any of your courses. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Kajabi Beyond The Red Tent
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course, and even engage with other instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the form of a search bar and allows you to search for items and tools within the website by typing in the words. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other than English for those who want to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of course or product templates, or the way it calls them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand value, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure created to offer a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes which are planned over an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create your own course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are referred to as groups and posts and vice versa. Posts are where you can insert different types of content, like text, videos and images, whereas the categories act as folders for the posts that are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to include in your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses on the same tab. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit various products. Like the outline maker, it’s simple to modify any theme to fit your style. You can even incorporate details of your brand like your logo images, fonts, and design into the course player to add a an individual touch. Kajabi Beyond The Red Tent
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your course. Assessments are a helpful way to determine if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you can choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your content more.
Aside from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. With the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone product or as an element of membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain or WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on all three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant safety and security with an automated SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain and also pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can modify to your heart’s content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as take away all Kajabi branding and replace it with your own!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content including text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets nowadays it’s logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select the element of your site you would like members to see. With all the necessary tools to build your site as you wish it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post comments and updates on your course content. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with the blog post by making one with an editor for text. It is possible to include SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast, you have two options: either release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your members are able to access. Kajabi Beyond The Red Tent
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Beyond The Red Tent
You are able to create as many emails to your campaign as you want and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can choose the members you want to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help advertise your website on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Beyond The Red Tent
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms have similar features, which require more effort and time, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to persuade your audience to buy your product by utilizing the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build the sales funnel you want from ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to look to your customers. You can even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme There is a library with more than 40 pages templates you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For pricing options, Kajabi gives an array of options for you of options to select from. You can choose to make your student pay for services at various dates (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or distribute them at no cost. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for a specific product or multiple products, and set specific dates that your members can access within a given timeframe. You can also create coupons to encourage your audience to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Beyond The Red Tent
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to make and market your courses, but you also can connect to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you if you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled for certain times and times during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop relevant educational content. Kajabi Beyond The Red Tent
For tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to use resources to master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of other advice and tricks the help desk is available to help you on your way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they meet their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and promote your course content however, we must address a few vital things that are missing. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like that the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t understand why there are limitations as well.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations for example, letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with commonalities with Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may be considering in making your choice. Kajabi Beyond The Red Tent
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than the other. With the extremely affordable cost we can imagine how Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other, and this includes live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it works. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It certainly has all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to design a professional website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there, such as the issuance of certificates in particular. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking for an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Kajabi Beyond The Red Tent
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and your subscribers have access to all course materials even when traveling. Kajabi Beyond The Red Tent