Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer various important features you can use when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to market classes to your desired viewers, other platforms might not offer all of these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be few that may provide editing options so complicated that they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they offer almost everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Change To A Member
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you make and sell your course content to your audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not only create a professional website for your courses but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? Well, there are quite plenty of reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s features are designed to be digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an edge over others. Lastly this allows students like you to run and create a course-making business without having to travel elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form of the most important characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizing tools such as media files, templates you can select depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and products along with your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages and other effective methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of customer service, community and training materials in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities who are part of different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands on thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students from all over the world. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who be interested in giving it a try. But considering the huge amount of important features included in each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, gain an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually, which is filled to the brim with every feature you’d want when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. However, a 14-day free trial is available on all three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is also available on selected blogs. So if you want to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the site and course creator software was never this easy and swift, and it takes less effort and time to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations. Apart from native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students enrolled in any of your courses. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s not a free option as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Change To A Member
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can build a landing page, modify your course, and even engage with other instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar, it allows you to search for tools and items on the site by entering the search terms. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages than English if you wish to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation function, you may be able to see a collection of course or product templates, or what the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled over a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content if you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course-maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints let you make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create your own course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons called post categories as well as category, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you put in different types of content, like text, videos and images, whereas the categories serve as folders in which the posts are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them either from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name that you can upload all your files to your course in the same tab. This can be useful particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit various products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image like your logo, images, and font designs into the course player to add a an individual touch. Kajabi Change To A Member
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective way to determine whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment option, you are able to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content.
Aside from that, in addition, the LMS site has also made progress in creating spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone feature or as part of your membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents on your website’s domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant safety and security with an automated SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as pick from a wide array of premium, unique themes that you can customize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as eliminate the Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the content of the website including media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays it is logical for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to create your website how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can share comments and updates on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with your blog posts by creating one using the text editor. You may include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes you can choose between two choices: publish the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private version which only your subscribers can get access to. Kajabi Change To A Member
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails about your course and website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than just send e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Change To A Member
You can create as many e-mails for your campaign as you like and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can even select which members of your group are eligible the messages. Managing e-mails has never been this complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of you. Alongside paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to see how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Change To A Member
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features are one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms have similar features that require much more effort and time however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you select from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to convince your target public to buy your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for occasions when you need to advertise your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to market your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your classes through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from starting
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different – there is a library full of 40+ page templates that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is a popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi offers customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can either charge your students for your products at various time frames (one-time or subscription and several payments) or distribute them at no cost. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for a single item or for a variety of products, as well as specify specific dates your students can access your products within a given period of time. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy the products you offer. Kajabi Change To A Member
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to create and market your courses however, you also have the option to connect to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and days during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to design relevant course content. Kajabi Change To A Member
For tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to use resources to master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the world of course design. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for additional information and tips assistance, the help section is available to help you in the right direction. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material However, we need to address a few vital things that are not being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of question type options – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal are accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are certain limits also.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for custom integrations, such as having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity with Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may be considering in your decision. Kajabi Change To A Member
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month You are able to create unlimited courses and market to your target audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly cost it’s easy to understand how Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that the other has, and this includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it works. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing for example, the issue of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it may not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from being an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Change To A Member
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app so that you and your subscribers can access your entire course content even when you’re on the go. Kajabi Change To A Member