Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with a variety of crucial features that you can use when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your desired audience, others might not offer all of the features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that offer editing features that are that is so complicated it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they also offer nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Comments Hidden By Default
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you develop and market your content to your audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not only create a professional site for your courses, but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are numerous reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing and sales almost all of Kajabi’s aspects can be easily digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an advantage over other instructors. Additionally this allows students like you to run and create a course-making business without having to travel elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form of the most important characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on if you’re considering using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizable tools including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and products and a blog where you can keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages, and other effective methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service, and training resources in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people that are from various sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. At the time of writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who be interested in giving Kajabi a go. With the abundance of essential features already packed into every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, gain up to 1,000 active customers, and design websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly and is packed with every feature you could ask for when making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day trial is available. trial is offered for all three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days available on selected blogs, so if you want to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services for that!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. The creation of content using the website and course creator software was never this easy and quick, as it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations. Aside from native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students in your classes. It also lets you network, connect, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s not a free option as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Comments Hidden By Default
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the users interface (UI) is structured. If you check the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are arranged into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You can build a landing page, modify your course and interact with your fellow instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar and it lets you look for specific tools and products within the website by typing in the words. Like we said that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other that English in case you want to present your content to wider audience.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may soon encounter a list of templates for courses or products, or, as the platform calls them, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content created to offer the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course-maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints allow you to make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are known as categories and posts, or. Posts are where you can insert different types of content such as text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders where the posts are kept.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests, you can add all your files to your courses on one page. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit various products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image, such as the logo, images, and font designs into your course player to cultivate an individual touch. Kajabi Comments Hidden By Default
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful way to assess if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content.
Aside from that, the LMS website has made strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone feature or as component of your member space.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain or WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with an automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your site.
You also have the option to customize your domain, and also pick from a wide array of premium, unique themes, all of which you can customize to your heart’s content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan and higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs, plus remove all Kajabi branding and replace that with your own!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the available website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the components that comprise the site’s content, such as media files, text or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets it is logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by picking the elements of your website you want for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to build your site how you would like it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can post information and comments about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-created website it provides an area where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with your blog posts by creating your own using the text editor. You may include SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience or group your posts into different categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two options: release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private version that only your users are able to access. Kajabi Comments Hidden By Default
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails about your course and website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Comments Hidden By Default
You can send as many e-mails to the campaign you want and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose which of your members gets the messages. The management of e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates to help advertise your website on behalf of you. Alongside paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to determine how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Comments Hidden By Default
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms have similar features that require much more time and effort however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your target audience to buy your product by utilizing an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your classes through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build the sales funnel you want from starting
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to look to your customers. You can even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example, to a different one – there is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi gives an array of options for you to choose from. You can either cost your pupils for the services at various time frames (one-time or subscription and multi-payments) or give them away at no cost. You can also choose to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for one product or multiple products, and specify specific dates your customers can access within a given time frame. You can also create coupons to encourage your audience to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Comments Hidden By Default
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to make and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for basic users, live chat is available for certain times and times on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop useful educational content. Kajabi Comments Hidden By Default
For training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to resources that you can master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their position in the course creation world. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for additional tips and tricks assistance, the help section is always there to guide you along the way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they achieve their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. The majority of these would have been very useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party software that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish for the absence of question type options and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are certain limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan and a plethora in features it may turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities with Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might want to consider when making your choice. Kajabi Comments Hidden By Default
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price it’s easy to see how Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that the other which includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it works. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can use. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing, such as the issue of certificates in particular. With a high price tag, it may not be the best option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Comments Hidden By Default
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app for you and your subscribers can access all your course content even when you’re on the go. Kajabi Comments Hidden By Default