Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have many essential features that can be utilized when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to market your courses to your intended audience, others may not have most of these features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may offer editing features that are so complicated that it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they offer nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Comparison
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you create and sell your course content to your student audience. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses , but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? Well, there are quite plenty of factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing the majority of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over the rest. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop an online course without having to travel to another place if something else is not available. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need, living up its ‘one stop shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form of the key features that you may want to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizing tools such as media files, templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and materials, as well as your own blog to keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages and other effective ways to improve your profits, further your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics software with email marketing and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of community, customer service and training materials, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people who are part of different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. In the last time of writing Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who would like to give the service a shot. With the abundance of essential features already packed within each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo for billing annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, garner a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by the platform. Included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded with every feature you could ask for when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is available on each of the three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days also offered on select blogs. So if you want to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as e-mail marketing and automation, are optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with any other third-party service to do this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. Making content with the site and course creator software was never this easy and swift, and it requires less time and effort to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations. In addition to native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s not a free option either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Comparison
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s users interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The design of the menu does not allow for confusion, as certain aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You can build your own landing page, alter your course and communicate with your instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching and allows you to search for specific tools and products within the site by typing in the words. Like we said that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages than English if you wish to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of product or course templates or, as the platform calls it blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created in order to increase brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version versions that have a complete structure of content designed for the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes that are scheduled over an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course-maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you will notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are referred to as post categories as well as category, or. Posts are the places where you insert various types of content, including text, video images, and text, while the categories function as folders in which the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them either from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all your files to your courses on one page. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to modify any theme to fit your style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image including logos or images as well as font design into your course player to cultivate an individual touch. Kajabi Comparison
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments feature, you can choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your content more.
In addition, the LMS site has also made progress in creating spaces for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature, students have access to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered as a separate feature or as part of your membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for the three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re assured of instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
You also have the option to customize your domain, and also pick from a variety of unique, professional themes that you can customize to your heart’s content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan or higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as eliminate any Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your own!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the given themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the site’s content, such as text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections are, however are made up of multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and small tablets it’s logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing which site element you wish for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to build your site how you would like it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi lets you create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by creating one with an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach or group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes, you have two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free or make an exclusive private one that only your members are able to access. Kajabi Comparison
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are highly user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Comparison
You can send as many e-mails to the campaign you like and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can also choose the members you want the messages. The management of e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Comparison
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts are one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features, which require more effort and time however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This stunning feature lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to persuade your audience to buy your product by utilizing an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from the starting
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and emails you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You may even change the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for example, to a different one There is a library full of 40+ pages templates you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
For the pricing, Kajabi provides customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can charge your students for your products at different time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or distribute them to them for free. You can also choose to decide if you want to charge a set amount for a single item or for a variety of items, and set specific dates that your members can access within a certain period of time. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Comparison
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to make and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide more functions. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the only course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always available to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other important issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled for specific times and on certain days during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to create meaningful courses. Kajabi Comparison
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides an array of options to access resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their position in the field of course development. Additionally, you can attend weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for other advice and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you in the right direction. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they reach their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content However, we need to address a few vital things that are not being addressed. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. Below are the items we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like that the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we aren’t sure if there are limitations also.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But due to its high price plan and a plethora in features it might turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy alternatives that you might be considering in making your choice. Kajabi Comparison
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than other. With the extremely affordable price range it’s easy to understand how Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has greater features that the other which includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it works. But, we need to appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite, which includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing for example, the issuance of certificates, in particular. With a high price tag, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Comparison
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app to ensure that you and your subscribed members can access your entire courses even while on the go. Kajabi Comparison