Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have various essential features that can be utilized when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your intended audience, some might not provide all the features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that provide editing options so complex that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just an easy editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they also offer nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Course Draft
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to make and sell your courses to an customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming score with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? Well, there are quite plenty of factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From the course creation to the marketing services the majority of the Kajabi features are designed to be easily digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors the added edge over the rest. Lastly this allows students such as you manage and build a course-making business without the need to look to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets, of its important features that you may want to be aware of when you’re thinking about the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and materials and your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages, and other methods to boost your profits, further your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to invoice your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training materials, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. As of this time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation tools in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who might be interested in giving Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of important features included within each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, gain up to 1000 active users, as well as make websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month yearly and is packed to the brim with every feature you’d like when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. But a 14-day free trial is available for all three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days offered on select blogs. So if you want to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. The creation of content using the site and course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it takes less effort and time to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations. Aside from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s community feature lets you engage with the students enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free option available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Kajabi Course Draft
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are arranged into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You can create your own landing page, alter your course and interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching and it lets you look for tools and items within the site by typing in the keywords. Like we said the site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages that English if you wish to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of course or product templates, or what the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content created to offer the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses that are scheduled over a set series of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are called categories and posts, or. Posts are the places where you insert various kinds of content, including text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders where the posts are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to include in your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one tab. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand like your logo or images as well as font design into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Kajabi Course Draft
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments can be a great way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your content more.
Aside from that in addition, in addition, the LMS website also has made strides in creating areas for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate feature or as component of your member.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name or WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re assured of instant safety and security with an automated SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain and also pick from a wide array of premium, unique themes, which you can modify to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and higher you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs, plus eliminate the Kajabi logos and substitute that with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the available themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website including text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets these days it’s logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your member learners to view. With all the tools you need to make your site look as you wish it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most out the Kajabi-made website it provides an area where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with posting blog content by creating your own using an editor for text. You may incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes you can choose between two choices: publish it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users are able to access. Kajabi Course Draft
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are highly convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than simply send emails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Course Draft
You can send as many emails to the campaign you want and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates to help advertise your website on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to determine the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Course Draft
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts is the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms provide similar features that require more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This stunning feature lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your intended customers to purchase your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from starting
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails you will require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for example changing the design to a different theme The library is full of 40+ pages templates you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For price options for Kajabi, it gives an array of options for you of pricing options. You can either make your student pay for products at different time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or give them away to them for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a specific item or for a variety of items, and specify specific dates your customers can access within a certain time frame. You can also create coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Course Draft
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to create and market your courses however, you also can connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users live chat is available at certain times and days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to design relevant course content. Kajabi Course Draft
For training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to use resources to learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the field of course development. There are also every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of more information and tips the help desk is always there to guide you along the way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they meet their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. Below are the items we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of different types of questions and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limits too.
- A public API key. This could be useful for custom integrations, such as having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But due to its high price plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site may cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may be considering in your decision. Kajabi Course Draft
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range it’s easy to imagine how Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price, it sure does offer greater features that the other has as well as live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it functions. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to design a professional website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing like the issue of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for creating courses, it will always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Course Draft
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you do want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course materials even when on the go. Kajabi Course Draft