A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer many essential features that you can use when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to advertise classes to your intended audience, others might not offer all of these features. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that have an editing experience that is so complicated they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some that provide more than the basic editing interface but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they offer nearly everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look What is Kajabi? Kajabi Courses
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to create and sell your course content to your customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? There are plenty of reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation to the marketing services almost all of Kajabi’s aspects can be digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over others. Lastly this allows students such as you manage and build an online course without having to go to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points, of its important characteristics that you might want to watch out for if you’re considering the option. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of tools for customizing such as media files, templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and other products, as well as a blog where you can keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages, and other viable methods to boost your profits, further your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with email marketing as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of community and training materials, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names that are from various sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands on thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who like to give it a try. But considering the huge amount of features that are included into every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, garner up to 1,000 active customers, and create a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed with all the features you’d want when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days also offered on select blogs. So if you’re looking to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the limited free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes e-mail marketing and automation, are designed to be designed for businesses, so you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the most popular features on the platform The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. Making content using the site and course creator software was never so easy and quick, as it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations. Apart from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign tests or assignments. Kajabi Courses
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the platform’s user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The design of the menu does not allow for confusion, as certain elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can create a landing page, modify your course, and even engage with other instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar, and it lets you look for specific tools and products within the site by entering the keywords. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages than English in case you want to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of product or course templates or, as the platform calls it blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses that are usually created in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure created to offer a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses which are planned over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content when you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints allow you to make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank which allows you to design your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are referred to as categories and posts, or. The posts are where you insert various types of content like text, videos and images, whereas the categories act as folders in which the posts are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one page. This is a great option particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the various products. Like the outline maker, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand like your logo, images, and font design into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Kajabi Courses
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments are an effective way to determine whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your material more.
In addition, the LMS site has also been able to make strides in creating areas for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature your students are able to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is offered as a separate product or as an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain or WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re assured of instant security and safety with an automated SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as choose from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can personalize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business, plus take away any Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your own!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts we discussed when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the content of the website, such as media files, text or clickable icons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets it is logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile and select the element of your site you would like members to see. With all the tools you need to create your website however you want it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post comments and updates about your course’s content. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by making one using an editor for text. You may incorporate SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast there are two choices: publish the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private version that only your users can get access to. Kajabi Courses
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely easy and straightforward to even non- marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Courses
You are able to create as many e-mails for the campaign you want and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can choose the members you want the messages. E-mail management has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates who can help promote your content on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Courses
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features are its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated problems. While other platforms offer similar features that require more time and effort however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your target customers to purchase your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct your sales funnel from the ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You could even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for example, to a different one – there is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it offers customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can cost your pupils for the services at different dates (one-time or subscription and multi-payments) or give them away to them for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for one product or multiple products, as well as set specific dates that your customers can access within a certain period of time. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy all of your products. Kajabi Courses
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to create and market your courses however, you also can connect to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is available to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and times on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to create relevant course content. Kajabi Courses
As for training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to resources that you can master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their position in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of other advice and tricks the help desk will be there to help you along the way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material however, we must take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we’d like that the absence of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations as well.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for custom integrations, for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan, and the lack of features, it could turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity with Kajabi regarding performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may be considering in your decision. Kajabi Courses
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range, we can imagine the way Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than the other, and this includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it operates. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs use. It certainly has all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite, which includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there for example, the issuance of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the best choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kajabi Courses
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and your subscribers have access to all course materials even when in the move. Kajabi Courses