Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have many important features you can use when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to promote your courses to your desired audience, some may not have most of these features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that have an editing experience so complicated that they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they also offer nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Customer License Agreement
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you create and sell your course content to your student audience. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive score with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? Well, there are quite many aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to the marketing services almost all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily digestible even for those who are new in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors an edge over others. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build courses without having to go elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points, of its important attributes that you ought to keep an eye on if you’re considering it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizing tools, media files, and templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and other products along with blogs to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages, and other ways to improve your profits, further your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to invoice your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of community and training tools in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. In the last time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different than other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who would want to give the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed into every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, garner a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as create a website that you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually and is packed with every feature you’d like when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is available for all three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is also available on certain blogs, so if you wish to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, the short trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. The creation of content using the site and course builder software has never been this simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations. In addition to native integrations that integrate with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Customer License Agreement
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s User Interface (UI) is structured. If you check the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for confusion, as certain aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar, it allows you to search for specific tools and products within the site by entering the keywords. Like we said, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages that English for those who want to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may soon encounter a list of course or product templates or what the platform calls them blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version types with a complete content structure designed for an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses which are planned over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a popular premium course-maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are referred to as categories and posts, respectively. Posts are where you insert various types of content such as text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders in which the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all your files to your courses on the same tab. This can be useful particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit different products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any of the themes to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand like your logo images, fonts, and designs , into the course player to add a your own personal style. Kajabi Customer License Agreement
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments are an effective method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment feature, you get to choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your material more.
Aside from that, the LMS site has also made progress in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate feature or as part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content on your website’s domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on all 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and safety with an automatic SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as pick from a wide array of premium, unique themes that you can personalize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan and above, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs, plus remove the Kajabi branding and replace it with your own!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the available themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories from when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the content of the website which includes text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets it is logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like members to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share comments and updates on the content of your course. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. You can get started with posting blog content by making your own using the text editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience or group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes you can choose between two options: either release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private one which only your subscribers are able to access. Kajabi Customer License Agreement
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Customer License Agreement
You are able to create as many e-mails to the campaign you like and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can also choose which of your members gets the messages. Managing e-mails has never been this complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to see how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Customer License Agreement
Another of Kajabi’s top features is its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms have similar features, which require more time and effort however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your intended public to buy your product by utilizing an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build your sales funnel from the beginning
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You may even change the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different The library is filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it offers customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can cost your pupils for the services at various times (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or hand them out for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for a specific product or multiple products, and set specific dates that your customers can access within a given time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Customer License Agreement
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses, but you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always available to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for Basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and days during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to develop useful course content. Kajabi Customer License Agreement
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives you a variety of ways to use resources to learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their standing in the world of course design. There are also daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for additional advice and tricks the help desk is always there to guide you on your way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they reach their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. A majority of them could have been very useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish for the lack of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations as well.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, like letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora in features it might turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may think about in making your choice. Kajabi Customer License Agreement
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly price it’s easy to understand the ways Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has more industry-level functions than the other has, and this includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it works. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It does provide all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools that are missing for example, the issuance of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the best option for those with a tight budget. However, we understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Customer License Agreement
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it makes sense that it’s enough to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course materials even when traveling. Kajabi Customer License Agreement