Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many essential features that you can utilize when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to promote your courses to your intended audience, some may not have most of the features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that offer editing features that are that is so complicated it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Desktop App
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to create and sell your course content to your student audience. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming rating with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? Well, there are quite many reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. First, it’s the simplicity of usage. From the course creation to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s features are designed to be digestible even for those who are new in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over the rest. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build an online course without the need to look to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the most important features that you may want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and materials and your own blog to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages, and other viable methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of community, and training resources in conjunction with Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people that are from various industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. As of this writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different than other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who might want to give Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed into each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, garner an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and create a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing emails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly that is loaded with every feature you’d like when designing and selling your course. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is available for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days also available on certain blogs. If you want to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, then the brief trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the most popular features on the platform The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses up to the customized domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. Making content with the site and the course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations. Aside from native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you connect with students in your classes. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s not a free option as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Desktop App
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are organized into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for confusion, as certain aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course, and even engage with other instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching, it allows you to search for tools and items within the website by typing in the words. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages that English if you wish to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation function, you may soon encounter a list of templates for courses or products or, as the platform calls it, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content designed for a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content when you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design a course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons known as categories and posts, or. Posts are the places where you put in different types of content such as text, video, and images, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to include in your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name that you can upload all your files to your course in one tab. This can be useful particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to modify any theme to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements of your brand including logos images, fonts, and design into the course player to add a a personal touch. Kajabi Desktop App
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments are a helpful method of determining whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments option, you are able to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content more.
In addition, in addition, the LMS website has been able to make strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature students have access to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is available as a separate item or as a part of your membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across the three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with an automatic SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your website.
You’re also given the liberty to modify your domain and also pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can personalize to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you can import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs and also take away the Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your personal brand!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the available website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts from when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content including text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets these days it is logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing which site element you wish for your member learners to view. With all the necessary tools to build your site how you would like it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi lets you create a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with the blog post by making one with the text editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast, you have two options: release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members have access to. Kajabi Desktop App
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Desktop App
You can send as many e-mails to your campaign as you wish and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can also choose the members you want to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to advertise your website on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to see how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Desktop App
Another of Kajabi’s notable features is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms have similar features that require much more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your target customers to purchase your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for occasions when you need to advertise your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build the sales funnel you want from beginning
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You can even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example changing the design to a different theme The library is filled with 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
For pricing options, Kajabi gives you a wide range to choose from. You can either make your student pay for products at different dates (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or distribute them to them for free. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a set amount for one item or for a variety of products, as well as establish specific dates for your customers can access within a given time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Desktop App
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to create and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is available to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for Basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and times of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many who use it to develop meaningful educational content. Kajabi Desktop App
As for training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their position in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for other advice and tricks assistance, the help section will be there to help you in the right direction. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn many sweet perks when they achieve their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and market your course content however, we must address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful to improve the experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations also.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, like letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack in features it could turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with commonalities with Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy alternatives that you might want to consider in making your choice. Kajabi Desktop App
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market to your target audience without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, far easier than even Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable cost, we can imagine the way Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price, it sure does offer greater features that Kajabi as well as live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it operates. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some tools missing like the issuance of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from being a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Desktop App
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app to ensure that you and your subscribers can access your entire course materials even when traveling. Kajabi Desktop App