A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have a variety of crucial features that you can use when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your desired audience, others might not provide all those things. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may offer editing features that are so complicated that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that, they also offer almost everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Hq
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to develop and market your course content to your customers. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses , but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? Well, there are quite numerous factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From the course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of the Kajabi features are designed to be digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors the added edge over the rest. In addition this allows students like you to run and create a course-making business without having to travel elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points, of its important attributes that you ought to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizing tools such as media files, templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and other products along with a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other viable methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to invoice your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with email marketing as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training tools, with the addition of Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people that are from various industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. In the last writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who would want to give the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of features that are included in every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, gain an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and create your own website you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly, which is filled with all the features you’d like when designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for all three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days also available on certain blogs, so if you wish to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including email marketing and automation are optimized for businessuse, and you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content using the site and the course builder software has never been so simple and fast, since it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations. Apart from native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Hq
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s user interface (UI) is organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are arranged into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu is clear and free of confusion, as certain aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching and it lets you look for tools and items within the website by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages than English in case you want to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products or, as the platform calls them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a popular premium course maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints let you create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design a course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons known as groups and posts and vice versa. Posts are where you put in different types of content like text, videos and images, whereas the categories function as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under one category in order to structure your content flexibly. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all your files to your course in the same tab. This one is handy particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit different products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any theme to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand including logos images, fonts, and designs , into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Kajabi Hq
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your class. Assessments are an effective way to assess if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment option, you are able to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your material more.
Apart from that aside from that, the LMS site has also made strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is offered as a separate item or as a an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents to your web domain or WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across all three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with an automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as pick from a wide array of unique, professional themes, which you can personalize to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs and also take away all Kajabi logos and substitute it with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the available website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the content of the website including text, media files or clickable icons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look however you want it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post comments and updates about your course’s content. If you’re looking to make the most out the Kajabi-made website this service offers you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with posting blog content by making one using an editor for text. You may include SEO elements if you want to expand your reach or group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast you can choose between two choices: publish it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast which only your subscribers are able to access. Kajabi Hq
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are highly easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than simply send emails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Hq
You can send as many emails to your campaigns as you wish and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose which of your members gets to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been this complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on your behalf. Apart from paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Hq
Another of Kajabi’s standouts can be the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features that require more time and effort however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a set of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option whenever you want to persuade your public to buy your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from ground
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different There is a library with more than 40 pages templates you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi offers customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can either make your student pay for products at various times (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or hand them out for free. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for one product or a number of products, as well as set specific dates that your members can access within a specific time frame. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy all of your products. Kajabi Hq
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to make and market your courses, but you also can connect to other third-party applications for more functions. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 support. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users Live chat is available at specific times and on certain days of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to create relevant course content. Kajabi Hq
As for training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to use resources to master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of more tips and tricks assistance, the help section will be there to help you on your way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn many sweet perks when they meet their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and market your course content, but we have to address a few vital things that are not being addressed. A majority of them could be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limitations as well.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations such as having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack in features it might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may think about when making your choice. Kajabi Hq
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month You are able to create unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than other. With the extremely affordable cost we can see the ways Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has more industry-level functions than the other has as well as live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it works. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can use. It does provide all the features you need to be able to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some tools that are missing like the issuance of certificates, in particular. With a high cost, it may not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that can provide everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Hq
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribers can access all your course materials even when traveling. Kajabi Hq