A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have various important features you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your target audience, some might not offer all of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may provide editing options that is so complicated they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that, they also provide you with nearly all you can think of including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Learning Platform
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to develop and market your content to your customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? It’s true that there are many factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be easily digestible for people who are new in the world of online courses. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an advantage over the rest. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create courses without the need to look to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form, of its important attributes that you ought to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizable tools, media files, and templates you can select depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and products and your own blog to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other effective methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of community, and training resources in conjunction with Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation tools in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start at just $119, it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who like to give the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed within each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you can create three products, reach up to 1 000 active clients, and design your own website you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly that is loaded to the brim with all the features you’d like when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day trial is available. trial is available for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is also available on certain blogs. So if you wish to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with other third-party services to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the site and course builder software has never been this simple and fast, since it requires less effort and time to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students in your classes. You can also make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s no free option available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Learning Platform
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s user interface (UI) is organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are arranged into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu does not allow for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course and communicate with your instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar, it allows you to search for specific tools and products on the site by typing in the words. Like we said, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages than English for those who want to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of templates for courses or products or what the platform calls them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created as a means of gaining brand value, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure created to offer a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes that are scheduled for an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content when you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create a course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are known as groups and posts or. The posts are where you can insert different types of content such as text, video and images, whereas the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts within a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files to include in your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests that you can upload all your files to your courses on one tab. This one is handy particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of more than 10 themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for different products. Like the outline creator, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand, such as the logo, images, and font designs into the course player to add a a personal touch. Kajabi Learning Platform
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your course. Assessments can be a great method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment option, you are able to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your content more.
Apart from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made strides in creating areas for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone item or as a an element of membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automated SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain as well as pick from a range of premium, unique themes, all of which you can customize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and above you can import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as eliminate any Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the available website themes with a suite of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts from when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website including text, media files or clickable icons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets these days it’s logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile and select the element of your site you would like for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to build your site however you want it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with your blog posts by making your own using an editor for text. It is possible to include SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories and even customize how you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes you can choose between two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private one which only your subscribers can get access to. Kajabi Learning Platform
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than sending e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Learning Platform
You can send as many emails to your campaigns as you wish and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can even select which members of your group are eligible the messages. Managing e-mails has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates in order to promote your content on your behalf. Alongside paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Learning Platform
Another of Kajabi’s standouts can be the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated problems. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more effort and time and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This stunning feature lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to persuade your audience to buy your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of the use of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from the beginning
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You can even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different There is a library filled with 40+ page templates that you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi provides customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can either cost your pupils for the services at various dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or distribute them for free. You can also choose to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a specific product or a number of products, and set specific dates that your customers can access within a specific time frame. You can also create coupons to encourage your customers to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Learning Platform
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to make and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always available to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for basic users Live chat support is scheduled for certain times and times during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to create useful course content. Kajabi Learning Platform
As for training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to use resources to master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their standing in the field of course development. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for more information and tips the help desk is available to help you along the way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material however, we must take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. Below are the items we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of options for question types as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are certain limits too.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may be considering in your decision. Kajabi Learning Platform
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than the other. With the extremely affordable cost we can understand how Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that the other, and this includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it works. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there, such as the issue of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it might not be the right option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Learning Platform
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course materials even when on the go. Kajabi Learning Platform