A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer various crucial features that can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to advertise classes to your intended audience, others may not have most of the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that have an editing experience so complex that they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they also provide you with nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Membership
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you create and sell your course content to your customers. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not just create a professional site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are plenty of factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From the course creation to marketing almost all of the Kajabi features can be accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an advantage over other instructors. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to go to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools anyone may need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form, of its important features that you may want to watch out for in the event you’re considering using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of tools for customizing including media files, templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and materials along with your own blog to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other effective methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to invoice your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of community, and training resources in conjunction with Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names that are from various industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who be interested in giving Kajabi a go. With the abundance of important features included within each plan, the pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, reach an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and make a website that you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing emails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly and is packed with all the features you’d want when making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day free trial is available on all three plans. An extended trial that lasts for up to 30 days available on selected blogs, so if you’re looking to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including email marketing and automation are optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions for that!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points is the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. Making content using the site and the course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it requires less effort and time to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations. In addition to native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the typical monthly prices offered by other services. There’s not a free option as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Membership
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the users interface (UI) is structured. If you look at the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are divided into five major sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and engage with other instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar it allows you to search for items and tools on the site by typing in the words. Like we said, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other that English if you wish to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of course or product templates or what the platform calls it blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed in order to increase brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses which are planned over an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content if you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course-maker. But, aside from the courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create a course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are known as post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are the places where you insert various types of content such as text, video, and images, while the categories serve as folders where the posts are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to include in your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs of your video to your posts!
As with a handful of other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one tab. This is a great option particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only offered the choice of one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand like your logo images, fonts, and designs , into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Kajabi Membership
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your course. Assessments can be a great way to determine if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments feature, you can choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your content.
Apart from that in addition, in addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature, your learners are given access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone item or as a component of your member space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content on your website’s domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across the three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automated SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can modify to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you can import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as eliminate the Kajabi branding and replace that with your own!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts from when we discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content including media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections are, however are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays it’s logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to make your site look as you wish it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post comments and updates about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by making one using the text editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience or group your posts into different categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode you can choose between two options: either release it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your members have access to. Kajabi Membership
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than just send e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your courses following checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Membership
You can create as many emails to your campaign as you wish and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been so complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to gauge how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Membership
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require more time and effort however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use any time you wish to convince your target audience to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct your sales funnel from the ground
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You can even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different – there is a library full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi offers customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can choose to make your student pay for products at various time frames (one-time or subscription and multi-payments) or hand them out to them for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specified price for one product or multiple products, and set specific dates that your members can access within a specific time frame. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Membership
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to create and market your courses However, you can connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is always available to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled at certain times and times on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to design meaningful educational content. Kajabi Membership
For tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their standing in the world of course design. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for other tips and tricks the help desk is available to help you on your way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn many sweet perks when they meet their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we’d like that the absence of question type options as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limitations also.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations like having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack of features, it may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity in comparison to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may think about in your decision. Kajabi Membership
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. But considering the very budget-friendly cost it’s easy to understand the ways Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other as well as live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it operates. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs use. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to build a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few tools that are missing for example, the issuance of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the best option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that gives you all you require in one place, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Membership
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribers can access your entire course materials even when in the move. Kajabi Membership