Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with many important features you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your intended audience, others might not offer all of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that have an editing experience so complex that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that, they also offer almost everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Memberships
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to make and sell your content to your student audience. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses , but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? It’s true that there are numerous factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From the course creation to marketing, nearly all of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are accessible to those who are new in the world of e-learning. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over others. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build courses without having to travel elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the most important features that you may want to be aware of if you’re considering the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizing tools, media files, and templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and materials along with your own blog to keep your students updated on what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages, and other methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of customer service, community, and training resources and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people who come from different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who would want to give Kajabi a go. With the abundance of important features included into each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo for billing annually. In this plan, you can create three products, reach an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and make a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly, which is filled with every feature you’d like when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available for all three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is also available on certain blogs, so if you wish to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. Making content with the site and the course builder software has never been so simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free option available neither.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Memberships
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the user interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are divided into five major sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for confusion, as certain features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can build a landing page, modify your course and communicate with your instructors through one website.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching it allows you to search for specific tools and products on the site by typing in the search terms. Like we said that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped which makes the process easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages than English if you wish to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of course or product templates, or the way it calls it blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure designed for the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content if you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints let you create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank which allows you to design a course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these segments and classes are known as post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are where you put in different kinds of content, including text, video, and images, while the categories serve as folders where the posts are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to include in your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all your files to your courses in the same tab. This is a great option particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to alter any theme to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand like your logo or images as well as font design into the course player to add a a personal touch. Kajabi Memberships
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment feature, you get to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your material more.
In addition aside from that, in addition, the LMS website also has made strides in creating areas for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate item or as a an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents on your website’s domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on the three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain and also pick from a wide array of premium, unique themes, which you can modify to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and above, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs and also eliminate any Kajabi logos and substitute that with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the given website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts we discussed when we discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the content of the website including text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets it is logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile and select the elements of your website you want for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to create your website how you would like it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post information and comments on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-made site it provides an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating the blog post by creating one with the text editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach or group your posts into different categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes you can choose between two options: release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members can get access to. Kajabi Memberships
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are extremely easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Memberships
You are able to create as many emails to your campaign as you want and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can also choose the members you want to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates who can help advertise your website on your behalf. Alongside paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Memberships
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your target audience to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to market your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build an effective sales funnel right from the beginning
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme The library is filled with 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi provides an array of options for you to choose from. You can choose to make your student pay for products at various dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or hand them out at no cost. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specified price for a specific product or multiple products, as well as set specific dates that your members can access within a given period of time. You can also create coupons to encourage your audience to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Memberships
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to make and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is always available to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and times of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by many who use it to develop useful course content. Kajabi Memberships
For training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to use resources to master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their position in the course creation world. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of more tips and tricks assistance, the help section is always there to guide you along the way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful in improving the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the absence of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations also.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site could turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy alternatives that you might think about in your decision. Kajabi Memberships
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range we can imagine the way Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price, it sure does offer greater features that the other which includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it functions. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There could be some tools that are missing like the issue of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that can provide everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Kajabi Memberships
What is the meaning of Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to create a fully-functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it makes sense that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app for you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire courses even while in the move. Kajabi Memberships