A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have various important features you can use when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to promote classes to your target audience, others may not have most of the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be few that may provide editing options that is so complicated they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that, they also offer almost everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Minus The Bear
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to create and sell your course content to your audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? It’s true that there are numerous aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of the Kajabi features can be accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an advantage over other instructors. Lastly this allows students like you to run and create courses without having to travel elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points, of its important features that you may want to be aware of when you’re thinking about using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizable tools such as media files, templates you can select depending on your preferences;
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and products along with a blog where you can keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages and other viable methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to invoice your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training materials, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities who come from different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. As of this time of writing Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who would want to give it a try. With the abundance of important features included in every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, reach an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing emails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually, which is filled to the brim with every feature you could ask for when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts for up to 30 days offered on select blogs. So if you want to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, the limited free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. The creation of content using the site and course builders hasn’t been this easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations. In addition to native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free option available neither.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Kajabi Minus The Bear
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu is clear and free of clutter, as some features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You get to create an online landing page, change your course and communicate with your instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar, and it lets you look for tools and items on the site by entering the keywords. Like we said, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages than English if you wish to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products, or, as the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the product blueprints is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure designed for an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses which are planned over an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content if you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create your own course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you will notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons called groups and posts and vice versa. Posts are the places where you insert various kinds of content, like text, videos and images, whereas the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in the same tab. This is a great option especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit various products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image including logos or images as well as font design into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Kajabi Minus The Bear
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful way to assess whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment feature, you can choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your material more.
In addition in addition, the LMS website has made progress in providing spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature, students have access to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone product or as component of your member.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents on your website’s domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for all 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant safety and security with the automatic SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as pick from a range of unique, professional themes, all of which you can modify to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan or higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also take away the Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the given themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content including text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and small tablets these days it’s logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your members to see. With all the tools you need to build your site as you wish it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can share comments and updates on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you an area where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with posting blog content by creating your own using Text Editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode, you have two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free or make an exclusive private podcast which only your subscribers are able to access. Kajabi Minus The Bear
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are extremely easy and straightforward to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send emails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your courses following checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Minus The Bear
You can send as many emails to your campaign as you like and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible the messages. Managing e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates in order to promote your content on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to gauge how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Minus The Bear
Another of Kajabi’s standouts are its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more effort and time and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners are able to make the most of it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to persuade your customers to purchase your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from the beginning
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one – there is a library with more than 40 page templates that you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi gives an array of options for you to choose from. You can choose to make your student pay for products at different times (one-time or subscription and multi-payments) or hand them out at no cost. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a set amount for one product or a number of items, and establish specific dates for your customers can access within a specific period of time. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy the products you offer. Kajabi Minus The Bear
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to create and market your courses, but you also have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide more functions. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is available to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled for specific times and on certain days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to design meaningful courses. Kajabi Minus The Bear
For tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their position in the course creation world. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for other information and tips the help desk is available to help you on your way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they meet their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material however, we must take care of a few essential things that are missing. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like for the lack of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are limits as well.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, like letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities with Kajabi regarding performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might want to consider when making your choice. Kajabi Minus The Bear
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market to your target audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than even Kajabi! While you get to benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly cost, we can understand the ways Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than the other has as well as live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it works. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the tools that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide the essentials anyone must need to be able to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing like the issuance of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Kajabi Minus The Bear
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” derives from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app for you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course content even when you’re in the move. Kajabi Minus The Bear