Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer a variety of essential features that can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to promote classes to your target viewers, other platforms might not provide all the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may have an editing experience that is so complicated it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also an array of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they also offer nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance What is Kajabi? Kajabi Past Tense
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to develop and market your content to your student audience. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not just create a professional site for your courses, but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? There are many reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales almost all of Kajabi’s features can be easily digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over others. Lastly this allows students like you to run and create courses without the need to look to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require, living up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the key characteristics that you might want to watch out for if you’re considering using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizing tools, media files, and templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and products, as well as blogs to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages and other effective methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service, and training resources, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation tools in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who might like to give it a try. But considering the huge amount of important features included within every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, gain an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design your own website you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually, which is filled with all the features you could ask for when it comes to designing and selling your course. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day trial is available. trial is offered for all three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days offered on select blogs. If you’re looking to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. Making content using the website and course builders hasn’t been so easy and swift, and it takes less effort and time to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations. In addition to native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free plan available neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Past Tense
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the User Interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will find that all the features are arranged into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu does not allow for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You can create your own landing page, alter your course and communicate with your instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar and it lets you look for items and tools within the site by typing in the words. As mentioned previously the website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages than English in case you want to share your content with broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of product or course templates or the way it refers to them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content designed for the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses that are scheduled over an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content when you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints let you make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons called categories and posts, or. Posts are the places where you insert various types of content, such as text, video, and images, while the categories serve as folders where the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts within one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in one tab. This can be useful particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to modify any theme to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details of your brand like your logo, images, and font designs , into the course player to add a a personal touch. Kajabi Past Tense
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment feature, you can choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your content.
In addition aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has been able to make strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is available as a separate product or as part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name as well as WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with the automatic SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain and also pick from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can personalize to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher you can download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs as well as take away all Kajabi logos and substitute that with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts from when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website, such as text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and small tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select the elements of your website you want members to view. With all the tools you need to create your website how you would like it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish comments and updates on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out the Kajabi-made website it provides a space where you can do so without limits. You can get started with the blog post by creating one using the text editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into various categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two options: either release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast which only your subscribers have access to. Kajabi Past Tense
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are highly user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Past Tense
You can create as many e-mails for the campaign you want and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can choose the members you want to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You will not require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates to help promote your content on your behalf. Alongside paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Past Tense
Another of Kajabi’s top features is its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms have similar features, which require more time and effort however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your target audience to buy your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build your sales funnel from the beginning
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme The library is with more than 40 page templates that you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
For the pricing, Kajabi provides customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can choose to make your student pay for services at various time frames (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or give them away to them for free. You can also choose to decide if you want to charge a specified price for a specific product or multiple items, and specify specific dates your students can access your products within a specific time frame. You can also create coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Past Tense
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to make and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the only course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to help you whenever you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users Live chat is available at certain times and days during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to design relevant courses. Kajabi Past Tense
As for tools for training, Kajabi gives an array of options to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the world of course design. There are also daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for other information and tips the help desk will be there to help you on your way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they achieve their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and market your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of question type options as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, like letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan, and the lack of features, it could cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities with Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may think about when making your choice. Kajabi Past Tense
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and sell to your target audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price, we can understand the way Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than Kajabi which includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it works. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It sure does offer all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there like the issue of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from being a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Past Tense
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic or Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed have access to all courses even while traveling. Kajabi Past Tense