Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have a variety of crucial features that you can utilize when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired audience, some may not have most of these features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that have an editing experience that is so complicated it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that provide more than the basic editing interface but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they offer almost all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell What is Kajabi? Kajabi Sales Model
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to create and sell your course content to your student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? It’s true that there are many factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing almost all of the Kajabi features are designed to be easily accessible to those who are new in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over others. Lastly this allows students like you to run and create a course-making business without having to go to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require in order to live up its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullets, of its important characteristics that you might want to be aware of if you’re considering it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizing tools, media files, and templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and products, as well as your own blog to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other effective methods to boost your profits, further your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training materials, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who might like to give Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of important features included in each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, garner a maximum of 1 000 active clients, and design your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month yearly and is packed to the brim with every feature you could ask for when designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day free trial is available on each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is offered on select blogs, so if you want to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the most popular features on the platform The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content with the site and the course creator software was never this easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students who are enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free option available either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Sales Model
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the users interface (UI) is organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for clutter, as some aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and engage with other instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching it allows you to search for specific tools and products on the site by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other that English for those who want to share your content with broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of course or product templates or, as the platform calls it blueprints. Each of the product blueprints is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses that are usually created as a way to build brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure created to offer a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes which are planned over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content if you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course-maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create a course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons called groups and posts or. Posts are the places where you can insert different types of content including text, video images, and text, while the categories serve as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to include in your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all your files to your courses on the same tab. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of more than 10 themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit various products. Like the outline creator, it’s easy to customize any theme to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your company’s image including logos, images, and font design into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Kajabi Sales Model
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great way to assess if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your content.
Aside from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to interact. With the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with other students your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate item or as a part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents on your website’s domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across 3 pricing options. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as pick from a wide array of unique, professional themes, all of which you can modify to your heart’s content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher, you get to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business, plus take away all Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your own!
Like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the available themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the content of the website including text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays it is logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to build your site how you would like it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi lets you create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share comments and updates on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most the Kajabi-made website it provides a space where you can publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with the blog post by making one with the text editor. You can include SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into different categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast there are two choices: publish the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private one which only your subscribers are able to access. Kajabi Sales Model
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are highly user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails about your course and website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Sales Model
You are able to create as many e-mails to your campaigns as you want and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can choose which of your members gets to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been this complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates to help in promoting your site on your behalf. Apart from paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Sales Model
Another of Kajabi’s top features can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms have similar features that require more effort and time and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even beginners can make better use of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO – for when you need to persuade your public to buy your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build your sales funnel from beginning
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates pages and emails you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You may even change the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different There is a library full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it provides customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can either cost your pupils for the services at various dates (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or give them away at no cost. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for a single product or a number of items, and set specific dates that your members can access within a certain time frame. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Sales Model
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to make and market your courses however, you also can connect to other third-party applications for more functions. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is available to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users live chat is available for certain times and days of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to create useful course content. Kajabi Sales Model
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides an array of options to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their position in the course creation world. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for other advice and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you on your way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they achieve their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material however, we must address a few vital things that are not being addressed. Most of them would have been very useful to improve the experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like that the absence of different types of questions and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are limitations also.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, for example, letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities with Kajabi regarding performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may be considering in your decision. Kajabi Sales Model
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the cost that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price range it’s easy to see how Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that Kajabi which includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it operates. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It does provide all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite, which includes the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there, such as the issuance of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kajabi Sales Model
What is the meaning of Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices for you and the members who have subscribed have access to all courses even while on the go. Kajabi Sales Model