Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer various important features can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your intended viewers, other platforms might not provide all the features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that offer editing features that are that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they also offer almost everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Sales Tax
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to make and sell your courses to an audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? It’s true that there are numerous factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily accessible to those who are just getting started in the world of online courses. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over other instructors. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to go elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets of the most important attributes that you ought to be aware of if you’re considering it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizable tools including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and other products along with a blog where you can keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to bill your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of community, and training resources, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people who come from different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who might be interested in giving it a try. With the abundance of important features included within each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, reach an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly, which is filled to the brim with every feature you’d want when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is available on each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts up to 30 days is available on selected blogs. So if you wish to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the limited free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. The creation of content using the site and the course builders hasn’t been so easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations. Apart from native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free option available either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign tests or assignments. Kajabi Sales Tax
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for obstruction, since some of the features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You can create an online landing page, change your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar, and allows you to search for tools and items within the website by typing in the keywords. Like we said that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages than English in case you want to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products or the way it calls it blueprints. Each of the product blueprints is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version versions that have a complete structure of content created to offer an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses which are planned over an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content if you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course-maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create a course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are known as groups and posts respectively. Posts are where you put in different kinds of content, including text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses in the same tab. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to modify any theme to fit your style. You can even incorporate details of your brand, such as the logo, images, and font designs , into the course player to add a your own personal style. Kajabi Sales Tax
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective method of determining if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your content more.
Apart from that in addition, the LMS website has made progress in creating spaces for students and teachers to communicate. With the Community feature, students have access to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with other students your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered as a separate product or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain or WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for all 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with the automatic SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You also have the option to customize your domain, and also pick from a variety of unique, professional themes, which you can modify to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher you can import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also eliminate any Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your own!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the given website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the content of the website which includes text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand are made up of multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets these days it is logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking which site element you wish members to view. With all the tools you need to build your site as you wish it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can publish information and comments about your course’s content. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by making one using Text Editor. You can include SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into various categories and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two choices: publish the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private version that only your members have access to. Kajabi Sales Tax
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are highly convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails about your course and website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses following checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent to their inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Sales Tax
You are able to create as many e-mails to your campaign as you like and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can choose which members of your group are eligible the messages. Managing e-mails has never been more complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to see how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Sales Tax
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts is the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more time and effort however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to convince your intended public to buy your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build your sales funnel from starting
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the design of your landing and checkout pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme There is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose one of them to pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi gives you a wide range of pricing options. You can either charge your students for your services at various time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or distribute them at no cost. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specified price for one product or a number of items, and establish specific dates for your customers can access within a given timeframe. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy the products you offer. Kajabi Sales Tax
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to create and market your courses however, you also can connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for basic users Live chat support is scheduled at certain times and days on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to create meaningful courses. Kajabi Sales Tax
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives an array of options to access resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their position in the field of course development. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of additional information and tips the help desk is always there to guide you on your way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they reach their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and market your course content however, we must look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like that the absence of different types of questions and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits also.
- A public API key. This could be useful for creating custom integrations such as having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site could turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities with Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may be considering in your decision. Kajabi Sales Tax
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range it’s easy to understand how Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than the other which includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it operates. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It does provide all the features you need to be able to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few tools missing like the issue of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the best option for those with a tight budget. However, we understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Kajabi Sales Tax
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it makes sense that it’s enough to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you do want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app for you and your subscribers can access all your course materials even when on the go. Kajabi Sales Tax