A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have various important features you can use when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to market classes to your target audience, others might not offer all of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that provide editing options that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. Additionally, they also offer almost everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Set Up Expert
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to make and sell your courses to an student audience. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not just create a professional website for your courses but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? It’s true that there are plenty of aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to the marketing services the majority of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are easily digestible for people who are just getting started in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over others. In addition this allows students like you run and develop an online course without having to travel elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form, of its important features that you may want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of tools for customizing such as media files, templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and products and blogs to keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize the landing page, checkout pages and other viable methods to boost your profits, further your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with email marketing, CRM, and automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training materials and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who come from different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation tools in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who would be interested in giving Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of features that are included within each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, gain a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and create your own website you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded with every feature you’d want when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is available on all three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is available on certain blogs. So if you wish to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the short trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with other third-party services for that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the most popular features on the platform is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. The creation of content using the site and course creator software was never this simple and fast, since it requires less effort and time to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations. In addition to native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students who are enrolled in your classes. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available neither.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Kajabi Set Up Expert
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the users interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You get to create an online landing page, change your course, and even engage with other instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar, and allows you to search for tools and items on the website by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages than English for those who want to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products or the way it calls them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed as a way to build brand value, while online Courses are full-version types with a complete content structure designed for the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints let you create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create a course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons known as categories and posts, or. The posts are where you put in different kinds of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to include in your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in the same tab. This is a great option especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 themes for courses. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for various products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image, such as the logo, images, and font designs , into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Kajabi Set Up Expert
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great way to assess if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your material more.
Apart from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS website also has made progress in creating spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature, students have access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone item or as a an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on all three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re assured of instant security and safety with an automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, as well as choose from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can modify to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan or higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs, plus eliminate any Kajabi logos and substitute it with your own!
Like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like post categories, and categories from when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that make up the content of the website including text, media files as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand are made up of multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and small tablets these days it’s logical for Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to build your site as you wish it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi lets you create a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you an area where you can publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with the blog post by creating one using Text Editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience, group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes you can choose between two options: release it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private version that only your users have access to. Kajabi Set Up Expert
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails about your course and website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Set Up Expert
You can create as many emails to the campaign you want and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can choose which of your members gets the messages. E-mail management has never been more complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates to help advertise your website on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Set Up Expert
Another of Kajabi’s standouts can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more time and effort however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to convince your intended audience to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build your sales funnel from the beginning
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and emails you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different There is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For the pricing, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can choose to charge your students for your services at various time frames (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or hand them out to them for free. You can also choose to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for one product or multiple products, and set specific dates that your students can access your products within a specific period of time. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Set Up Expert
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to create and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to assist you if you’re struggling to create a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for Basic users live chat support is scheduled for certain times and times of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to create useful educational content. Kajabi Set Up Expert
For tools for training, Kajabi gives an array of options to use resources to master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their position in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of more tips and tricks the help desk is always there to guide you in the right direction. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn many sweet perks when they achieve their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. The majority of these would have been very useful in improving the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of options for question types – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limitations as well.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations for example, letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack in features it may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities in comparison to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might want to consider when making your choice. Kajabi Set Up Expert
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month You are able to create unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than other. But considering the very budget-friendly cost, we can imagine the way Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer greater features that the other, and this includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some tools missing, such as the issue of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the best option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that can provide everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kajabi Set Up Expert
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and your subscribed members can access your entire course materials even when traveling. Kajabi Set Up Expert