Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have a variety of crucial features that you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to market your courses to your desired audience, others might not provide all these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that have an editing experience so complicated that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that, they also provide you with nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Site Builder
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you make and sell your course content to your audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the top online learning platforms, with an overwhelming rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are many aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From the course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are easily digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over others. In addition this allows students like you to run and create courses without having to travel elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points of the most important attributes that you ought to keep an eye on if you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizing tools such as media files, templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to present your course content and other products along with blogs to keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize the landing page, checkout pages, and other ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of community, customer service, and training resources and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of many of the most well-known people who come from different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. At the time of time of writing Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who like to give it a try. With the abundance of essential features already packed within each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, gain an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and design your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month yearly, which is filled with every feature you’d want when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is available on each of the three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days also available on selected blogs, so if you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the short trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the most popular features on the platform, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. The creation of content using the site and course builder software has never been so easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Site Builder
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s user interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of confusion, as certain features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar and allows you to search for tools and items within the site by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other than English if you wish to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of course or product templates or what the platform calls it blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes which are planned over an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content when you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create a course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are known as post categories as well as category, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you can insert different types of content, including text, video images, and text, while the categories function as folders where the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories of posts under one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies that you can upload all your files to your courses on the same tab. This is a great option especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit different products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any of the themes to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand, such as the logo or images as well as font design into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kajabi Site Builder
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great way to determine if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your content more.
In addition, the LMS website has made progress in providing spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature students have access to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone feature or as part of your membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents with your domain name as well as WordPress site when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across the three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automatic SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You also have the option to customize your domain, and also pick from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can customize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and higher, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also eliminate all Kajabi branding and replace that with your personal brand!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories from when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the components that comprise the site’s content, such as media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets these days it’s logical for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like for your member learners to view. With all the necessary tools to create your website however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you want to make the most out the Kajabi-made website this service offers you a space where you can do so without limits. Start by creating posting blog content by creating your own using an editor for text. You may incorporate SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into different categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast there are two options: either release the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private one which only your subscribers are able to access. Kajabi Site Builder
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than simply send emails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Site Builder
You can create as many e-mails to the campaign you wish and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can choose which members of your group are eligible the messages. The management of e-mails has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help advertise your website on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Site Builder
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more effort and time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to convince your target public to buy your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to market your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your classes through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from ground
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails you will require to create an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You could even alter the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme There is a library with more than 40 templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi offers you a wide range to choose from. You can make your student pay for products at various times (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or hand them out for free. You can also choose to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for a specific product or multiple items, and establish specific dates for your customers can access within a specific time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Site Builder
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to make and market your courses, but you also can connect to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s one of the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to help you whenever you’re struggling to create a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users live chat is available at specific times and on certain days of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by many who use it to develop useful courses. Kajabi Site Builder
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives you a variety of ways to use resources to learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the world of course design. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for other advice and tricks, the help center will be there to help you on your way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and market your course content However, we need to take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would have been very useful in improving the experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of options for question types – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are certain limits as well.
- A public API key. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack of features, it could cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with commonalities in comparison to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might think about when making your choice. Kajabi Site Builder
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without worrying about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price, we can imagine the ways Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has more industry-level functions than the other, and this includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it works. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools that are missing, such as the issue of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the best choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Kajabi Site Builder
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app for you and your subscribers have access to all course content even when you’re on the go. Kajabi Site Builder