A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have various essential features that you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to advertise your courses to your intended viewers, other platforms might not offer all of those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that offer editing features that are that is so complicated it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that offer not just the basic editing interface but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they provide you with nearly all you can think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Software
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to create and sell your content to your audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? Well, there are quite plenty of reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to marketing almost all of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are digestible for people who are new in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over the rest. Lastly this allows students like you to run and create a course-making business without the need to look to another place if something else is not available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need, living up its ‘one stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points of the key attributes that you ought to watch out for in the event you’re considering the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of tools for customizing including media files, templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and other products and your own blog to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages, and other effective methods to increase your profits, further your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of customer service, community, and training resources in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. As of this writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who might like to give Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of features that are included within every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, reach a maximum of 1 000 active clients, and create a website that you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing emails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there is the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually, which is filled with all the features you could ask for when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day no-cost trial is available on all three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days also available on selected blogs, so if you wish to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, the limited free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. The creation of content using the site and the course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students in your classes. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Software
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you will find that all the features are arranged into five main sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The design of the menu does not allow for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can build your own landing page, alter your course, and even engage with other instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful when you need to search for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar, it allows you to search for items and tools within the site by entering the words. Like we said, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other than English if you wish to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products or, as the platform calls it, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses that are usually created as a way to build brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content designed for an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled over an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create your own course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are known as groups and posts and vice versa. Posts are where you can insert different types of content, like text, videos and images, whereas the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to organize your content more flexiblely. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all your files to your course in one page. This one is handy especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for different products. Like the outline creator, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand like your logo images, fonts, and design into the course player to add a your own personal style. Kajabi Software
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great way to determine if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment feature, you get to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your content.
Apart from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to communicate. With the Community feature, students have access to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone product or as an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for the three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re assured of instant safety and security with an automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as choose from a wide array of unique, professional themes, all of which you can customize to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and above, you get to import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as remove the Kajabi logos and substitute that with your own!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts we discussed when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the site’s content, such as text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections are, however are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets these days it is logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile and select which site element you wish members to view. With all the tools you need to make your site look how you would like it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can share information and comments on the content of your course. If you want to make the most the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by making one with Text Editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience or group your posts into various categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast you can choose between two options: release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private version that only your users can get access to. Kajabi Software
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are highly convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Software
You can create as many e-mails to your campaign as you wish and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can even select which of your members gets to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been this complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates to help in promoting your site on your behalf. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to see how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Software
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features are one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated problems. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more time and effort however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to convince your intended public to buy your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your classes through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build your sales funnel from the beginning
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different There is a library full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it gives you a wide range to choose from. You can choose to charge your students for your products at various time frames (one-time or subscription and several payments) or distribute them at no cost. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for one product or multiple products, as well as set specific dates that your members can access within a given timeframe. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Software
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you make and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party apps for more functions. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan and above – for basic users, live chat support is scheduled for certain times and days on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by many who use it to design meaningful course content. Kajabi Software
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides an array of options to use resources to master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for other advice and tricks, the help center is available to help you on your way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they meet their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and promote your course content however, we must look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful to improve the experience. Below are the items we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the absence of different types of questions and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we aren’t sure if there are certain limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for custom integrations, such as the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site might turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity with Kajabi regarding performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may be considering in your decision. Kajabi Software
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price we can see how Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price It certainly has greater features that the other has which includes live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it operates. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It does provide all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools missing like the issue of certificates, in particular. With a high cost, it may not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Software
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s enough to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices so that you and your subscribers can access all your course materials even when in the move. Kajabi Software