Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with various important features you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired audience, some may not have most of those things. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that have an editing experience so complex that it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they offer nearly everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi-Storefront
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you make and sell your content to your student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive score from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? There are many reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From the course creation to marketing and sales the majority of the Kajabi features can be digestible for people who are just getting started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over other instructors. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build an online course without having to travel elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi provides all the tools anyone may need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the key features that you may want to be aware of when you’re thinking about using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of customizable tools including media files, templates that you can pick in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and other products and your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other viable ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to invoice your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training tools and features, including Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names who are part of different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different from other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who want to give it a try. But considering the huge amount of important features included within each plan, the pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, reach an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and make websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded to the brim with all the features you’d like when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. However, a 14-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days also available on selected blogs. So if you wish to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, the limited free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as e-mail marketing and automation, are optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the most popular features on the platform The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content with the site and the course builder software has never been so simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students in your classes. You can also connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s not a free option either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. Kajabi-Storefront
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the User Interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will find that all the features are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You can create an online landing page, change your course, and communicate with your instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar, and allows you to search for tools and items on the site by typing in the words. As mentioned previously the site builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages that English for those who want to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may be able to see a collection of product or course templates or the way it refers to them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content designed for an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content if you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course-maker. But, aside from the courses, the blueprints let you create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create your own course or product from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons referred to as post categories as well as category, and vice versa. The posts are where you put in different types of content such as text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders where the posts are kept.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in one tab. This is a great option particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to alter any theme to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image, such as the logo or images as well as font design into the course player to add a your own personal style. Kajabi-Storefront
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments can be a great method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments feature, you can choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your content.
Aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has been able to make strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to communicate. Through the Community feature, students have access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone product or as component of your member space.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with the automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain as well as choose from a variety of unique, professional themes, all of which you can customize to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan and higher you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as eliminate all Kajabi logos and substitute it with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts from when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content including text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets it’s logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking which site element you wish members to view. With all the necessary tools to create your website how you would like it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi lets you create an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can post information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with your blog posts by making one using Text Editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into different categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode, you have two options: release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users have access to. Kajabi-Storefront
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than sending e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of emails that are triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered to their inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi-Storefront
You can send as many e-mails to your campaign as you like and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can also choose the members you want to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates to help advertise your website on your behalf. In addition to paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to gauge how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi-Storefront
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more effort and time however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners can benefit from it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to convince your intended audience to buy your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your courses by means of the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build an effective sales funnel right from starting
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You could even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme The library is filled with 40+ pages templates you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings are immediately sent to your bank account.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi provides an array of options for you of options to select from. You can make your student pay for products at different dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or give them away at no cost. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for a specific item or for a variety of products, and specify specific dates your members can access within a given time frame. You can also create coupons to encourage your audience to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi-Storefront
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to make and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide more functions. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 support. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for basic users live chat is available for specific times and on certain days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by many who use it to design meaningful courses. Kajabi-Storefront
For tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to use resources to master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the field of course development. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of more information and tips, the help center will be there to help you in the right direction. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they meet their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and market your course content however, we must look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like for the lack of different types of questions and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations also.
- A public API key. This could be useful for creating custom integrations for example, letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in features it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity with Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may be considering when making your choice. Kajabi-Storefront
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price it’s easy to imagine the way Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that the other has as well as live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it operates. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It does provide all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There are a few instruments that aren’t there like the issue of certificates in particular. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app so that you and your subscribed members have access to all courses even while on the go. Kajabi-Storefront