Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have a variety of crucial features that you can use when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to market your courses to your intended audience, others might not offer all of the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may provide editing options so complex that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they offer nearly everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Team
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you make and sell your course content to your customers. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelming score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? It’s true that there are plenty of aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. First, it’s the ease of use. From course creation to the marketing services, nearly all of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are easily digestible for people who are just getting started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over others. Additionally this allows students such as you manage and build courses without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form of the key characteristics that you might want to watch out for if you’re considering it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of customizable tools, media files, and templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and other products, as well as your own blog to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other viable ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service, and training resources, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names who are part of different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands on thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. In the last time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who want to give the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed in each plan, the pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, gain up to 1,000 active customers, and design a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing emails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly, which is filled with every feature you’d want when making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is available on each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts up to 30 days is also available on selected blogs. So if you want to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. Making content using the website and course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students who are enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Team
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the User Interface (UI) is structured. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are arranged into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of obstruction, since some of the features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can create your own landing page, alter your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful when you need to search for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the form of a search bar, and it lets you look for specific tools and products within the website by typing in the words. Like we said, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other that English in case you want to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation function, you may soon encounter a list of templates for courses or products, or the way it calls it blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure designed for a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs which are planned over a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course-maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints let you create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design your own course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are referred to as groups and posts respectively. Posts are the places where you insert various types of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories function as folders in which the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to include in your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one page. This is a great option especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for different products. Like the outline maker, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your company’s image like your logo, images, and font designs into the course player to add a a personal touch. Kajabi Team
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful method of determining if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment feature, you get to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your content more.
Aside from that in addition, the LMS website has made strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone feature or as an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain as well as choose from a wide array of unique, professional themes, all of which you can customize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan and higher you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also eliminate the Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your personal brand!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the site’s content which includes text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets it’s logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking which site element you wish members to view. With all the tools you need to make your site look how you would like it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with your blog posts by creating one with Text Editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into different categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode, you have two options: either release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private version that only your users are able to access. Kajabi Team
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Team
You are able to create as many e-mails to your campaign as you like and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can also choose the members you want to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help promote your content on behalf of you. Apart from paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Team
Another of Kajabi’s standouts can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms have similar features that require more time and effort however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your intended customers to purchase your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from beginning
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to look to your customers. You can even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different – there is a library with more than 40 pages templates you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn are instantly transferred to your bank account.
For the pricing, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can either make your student pay for services at various times (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or give them away to them for free. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specified price for one item or for a variety of products, and specify specific dates your students can access your products within a given timeframe. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Team
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you develop and promote your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party apps for more functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users, live chat is available at specific times and on certain days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to create useful course content. Kajabi Team
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives you a variety of ways to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their standing in the field of course development. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for additional advice and tricks assistance, the help section is available to help you in the right direction. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and market your course content However, we need to address a few vital things that are not being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we’d like that the absence of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we don’t understand why there are limits also.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations like the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan and a plethora in features it may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities with Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might want to consider when making your choice. Kajabi Team
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price we can see the ways Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has higher-end features than the other has which includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it operates. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer all the features you need to be able to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There are a few tools that are missing like the issuance of certificates specifically. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the right option for those with a tight budget. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Team
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices for you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course materials even when in the move. Kajabi Team