A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have many crucial features that can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to market classes to your target audience, others may not have most of those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that provide editing options that is so complicated they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. Additionally, they also offer almost everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Techcrunch
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to develop and market your course content to your audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? It’s true that there are plenty of reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to use. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From course creation to the marketing services almost all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily accessible to those who are just getting started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over the rest. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop a course-making business without having to travel elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullets, of its important features that you may want to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizable tools, media files, and templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and materials, as well as a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other methods to increase your profits, further your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to bill your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of community, and training resources and features, including Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people who come from different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who might want to give Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of important features included into each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, reach a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and create your own website you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month yearly, which is filled to the brim with all the features you could ask for when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is offered for all three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days available on selected blogs, so if you’re looking to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. Making content using the site and the course creator software was never so easy and quick, as it requires less effort and time to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s no free option available either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Techcrunch
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s users interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of clutter, as some features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You get to create an online landing page, change your course and communicate with your instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar, and allows you to search for tools and items within the website by typing in the words. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages that English for those who want to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may soon encounter a list of product or course templates, or, as the platform calls it, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be customized to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand value, while Online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content designed for the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs that are scheduled over a set series of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course-maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these segments and classes are known as post categories as well as category, or. Posts are where you put in different types of content like text, videos, and images, while the categories act as folders where the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files to include in your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name, you can add all your files to your course in the same tab. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for various products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any theme to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand like your logo or images as well as font designs , into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Kajabi Techcrunch
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your class. Assessments are an effective method of determining whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your material more.
Apart from that aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made progress in providing spaces for teachers and students to connect. With the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate feature or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents to your web domain or WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for the three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant safety and security with an automatic SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You also have the option to modify your domain and also pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can customize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you can import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs as well as take away any Kajabi branding and replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the available website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content which includes text, media files or clickable icons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your members to see. With all the tools you need to build your site as you wish it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can post updates and thoughts on your course content. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site it provides a space where you can publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by creating one with an editor for text. You may incorporate SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into different categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public for free or make an exclusive private podcast which only your subscribers can get access to. Kajabi Techcrunch
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send emails related to your course and website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Techcrunch
You can create as many e-mails for your campaign as you want and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose the members you want to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to advertise your website on behalf of you. Alongside paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Techcrunch
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require more effort and time, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to convince your target customers to purchase your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to market your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build your sales funnel from ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and emails you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You can even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for example, to a different one The library is full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can cost your pupils for the products at various times (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or hand them out for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a set amount for a specific product or multiple items, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a certain timeframe. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Techcrunch
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses However, you have the option of connecting to third-party apps for more functions. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the only course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users Live chat is available at specific times and on certain days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to develop meaningful courses. Kajabi Techcrunch
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives you a variety of ways to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their standing in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for other tips and tricks the help desk is available to help you on your way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like that the absence of question type options – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limitations as well.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations such as the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan, and the lack of features, it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might think about in your decision. Kajabi Techcrunch
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable price we can see how Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than Kajabi, and this includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it works. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide all the features you need to be able to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing like the issuance of certificates in particular. With a high cost, it may not be the best choice among the budget-conscious. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from being a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that gives you all you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kajabi Techcrunch
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course content even when you’re in the move. Kajabi Techcrunch