Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many important features you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to advertise your courses to your target audience, others might not offer all of these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that have an editing experience so complicated that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that, they also offer nearly all you can think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Tutorial
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you create and sell your course content to your student audience. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelming score with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? It’s true that there are plenty of factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From course creation to marketing the majority of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be easily digestible for people who are just getting started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over others. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build an online course without having to travel elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points, of its important attributes that you ought to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizing tools, media files, and templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and other products, as well as blogs to keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other ways to improve your profits, further your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training materials in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of many of the most well-known people that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation tools in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who might be interested in giving it a try. However, when you consider the number of features that are included within each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, reach an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as create a website that you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded with all the features you’d like when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. However, a 14-day trial is available. trial is available for all three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days available on certain blogs. If you want to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the limited free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions for that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. The creation of content using the website and course builders hasn’t been so simple and fast, since it requires less time and effort to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students in your classes. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s not a free option as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Tutorial
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The menu’s design does not allow for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You can build a landing page, modify your course and communicate with your instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that can be useful when you need to search for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar it allows you to search for tools and items on the website by typing in the keywords. Like we said, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages that English for those who want to share your content with broader audience.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of course or product templates, or, as the platform calls them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure created to offer an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes that are scheduled for a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course-maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create a course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are known as categories and posts, respectively. Posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories function as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to include in your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses in the same tab. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image, such as the logo or images as well as font designs , into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Kajabi Tutorial
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment feature, you get to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your material more.
In addition in addition, the LMS website has made progress in creating areas for teachers and students to interact. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with other students your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone product or as component of your member space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name or WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with an automatic SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, and also pick from a range of unique, professional themes, all of which you can customize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business, plus remove the Kajabi logos and substitute that with your personal brand!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the available themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the content of the website, such as media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets it’s logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile and select the element of your site you would like for your members to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. Start by creating posting blog content by creating one with the text editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into different categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast, you have two choices: publish the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private version that only your users can get access to. Kajabi Tutorial
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of emails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Tutorial
You can create as many e-mails to the campaign you wish and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can choose which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to advertise your website on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Tutorial
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features is its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms provide similar features, which require more effort and time, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to convince your target public to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your courses by means of a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from ground
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and emails you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example changing the design to a different theme – there is a library full of 40+ pages templates you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings are immediately sent to your bank account.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi offers an array of options for you of options to select from. You can choose to charge your students for your services at various time frames (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or hand them out for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for one product or multiple products, as well as specify specific dates your students can access your products within a certain time frame. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your audience to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Tutorial
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to create and market your courses, but you also have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide more functions. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled at certain times and days of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to develop meaningful course content. Kajabi Tutorial
For training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to use resources to master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their standing in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of other tips and tricks assistance, the help section is always there to guide you on your way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material, but we have to take care of a few essential things that are missing. A majority of them could have been very useful in improving the experience. Below are the items we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party software that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of different types of questions and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limitations also.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful in making custom integrations, for example, letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might think about when making your choice. Kajabi Tutorial
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and market to your target audience without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, far easier than Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than the other. With the extremely affordable price range it’s easy to imagine how Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than Kajabi as well as live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it functions. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi does not have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It does provide the essentials anyone must need to be able to build a professional-looking website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some tools that are missing for example, the issuance of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Tutorial
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and your subscribed members have access to all course materials even when in the move. Kajabi Tutorial