Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have various important features you can use when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired viewers, other platforms might not provide all those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that provide editing options so complex that it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they offer almost everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance What is Kajabi? Kajabi Vs Convertkit
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you make and sell your content to your student audience. Branded as an all-in-one service that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not only create a professional site for your courses, but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and is regarded as one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? Well, there are quite plenty of aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation to the marketing services, nearly all of the Kajabi features can be accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an edge over the rest. Additionally this allows students like you run and develop a course-making business without having to travel to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullets of the key features that you may want to watch out for in the event you’re considering it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of tools for customizing including media files, templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and materials along with your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of community and training materials in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands on thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. In the last writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who would be interested in giving the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed into each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, reach a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as create websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing emails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded with all the features you’d like when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is available on all three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days also offered on select blogs. If you want to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with other third-party services to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the site and course creator software was never so easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations. In addition to native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Vs Convertkit
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the user interface (UI) is structured. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are divided into five major sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of clutter, as some elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You can build your own landing page, alter your course and engage with other instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the form of a search bar, and it lets you look for items and tools on the website by typing in the keywords. Like we said, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages than English if you wish to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will be able to see a collection of product or course templates or what the platform calls it, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product is different in its structure and style and can be customized to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed in order to increase brand value, while online Courses are full-version courses with a complete content structure designed for an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs that are scheduled for a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course-maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create a course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are called post categories as well as category, or. The posts are where you put in different kinds of content, including text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts within one category in order to structure your content flexibly. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload all of them directly from your computer folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses on the same tab. This one is handy especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 themes for courses. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for different products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any of the themes to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your company’s image like your logo, images, and font design into the course player to add a a personal touch. Kajabi Vs Convertkit
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great way to determine whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment option, you are able to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your material more.
In addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to connect. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone item or as a an element of membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content on your website’s domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for all three pricing plans. What’s awesome about it is you’re assured of instant safety and security with an automatic SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your website.
You also have the option to customize your domain, as well as choose from a wide array of premium, unique themes, all of which you can customize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and higher you can download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs as well as remove any Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your personal brand!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories we discussed when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content including media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets nowadays it is logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your members to view. With all the tools you need to create your website how you would like it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi lets you create an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share comments and updates about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with the blog post by creating one with the text editor. You can include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast you can choose between two options: release it as a podcast that is public for free or make an exclusive private version that only your members are able to access. Kajabi Vs Convertkit
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than just send e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Vs Convertkit
You are able to create as many emails to your campaign as you want and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible the messages. Managing e-mails has never been so complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates to help advertise your website on behalf of you. Apart from paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Vs Convertkit
Another of Kajabi’s standouts are the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms have similar features, which require more effort and time, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to persuade your public to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for whenever you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from the beginning
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different The library is filled with 40+ pages templates you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi gives you a wide range of pricing options. You can make your student pay for services at various dates (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or hand them out for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for a specific product or multiple products, and specify specific dates your members can access within a certain timeframe. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Vs Convertkit
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to create and market your courses, but you also have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to help you whenever you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for Basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and days during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop relevant course content. Kajabi Vs Convertkit
For training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to use resources to master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their standing in the field of course development. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for additional information and tips the help desk will be there to help you along the way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they achieve their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and market your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of options for question types as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are certain limits too.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack of features, it might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy alternatives that you might think about in your decision. Kajabi Vs Convertkit
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and market to your target audience without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range we can understand the ways Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has greater features that the other has which includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it works. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs use. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing, such as the issuance of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it might not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. However, we understand that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Kajabi Vs Convertkit
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribers can access all your courses even while on the go. Kajabi Vs Convertkit