A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer many essential features that can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to promote classes to your target audience, some might not offer all of these features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that have an editing experience so complex that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some that offer not just the basic editing interface but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they also offer almost everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Vs Mighty Networks
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to make and sell your courses to an student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? Well, there are quite many reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to use. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing the majority of Kajabi’s features are designed to be accessible to those who are just getting started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors the added edge over other instructors. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop an online course without having to go to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need, living up its ‘one stop shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points of the most important attributes that you ought to watch out for in the event you’re considering it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizable tools including media files, templates you can select depending on your preferences;
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and products and a blog where you can keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages, and other viable methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of customer service, community, and training resources, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people who come from different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. As of this time of writing Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who want to give Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of important features included within each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, reach an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and make websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by the platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed with every feature you could ask for when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. But a 14-day no-cost trial is available for all three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days available on selected blogs. So if you want to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. Making content with the site and the course builder software has never been so easy and quick, as it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations. In addition to native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free option available as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Kajabi Vs Mighty Networks
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the platform’s user interface (UI) is structured. If you check the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are divided into five major sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for confusion, as certain features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar and allows you to search for specific tools and products on the site by typing in the keywords. Like we said, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages than English if you wish to present your content to wider audience.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of course or product templates or what the platform calls them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed as a way to build brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure that are designed to provide an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled over a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content if you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are known as groups and posts respectively. Posts are the places where you put in different kinds of content, like text, videos images, and text, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under one category in order to structure your content flexibly. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them either from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one tab. This is a great option especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any theme to fit your style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image including logos or images as well as font designs , into the course player to add a a personal touch. Kajabi Vs Mighty Networks
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great method of determining if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment option, you are able to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
In addition in addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating areas for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature your students are able to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is available as a separate item or as a component of your member area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain or WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on the 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and security through an automated SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as choose from a range of premium, unique themes, which you can personalize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and above, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also remove all Kajabi logos and substitute it with your own!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content including text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can go an extra mile and select which site element you wish for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to make your site look how you would like it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can share information and comments about your course’s content. If you want to make the most of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with your blog posts by creating one with the text editor. You can include SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach or group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode there are two choices: publish the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private one that only your members have access to. Kajabi Vs Mighty Networks
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Vs Mighty Networks
You can send as many e-mails to the campaign you like and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can also choose the members you want the messages. The management of e-mails has never been more complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of you. In addition to paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to gauge how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Vs Mighty Networks
Another of Kajabi’s notable features can be its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms have similar features, which require more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a set of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to persuade your public to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your classes through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You can even alter the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one The library is with more than 40 pages templates you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For pricing options, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can charge your students for your products at different time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or distribute them at no cost. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a set amount for a specific product or a number of items, and specify specific dates your students can access your products within a given period of time. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy any of your offers. Kajabi Vs Mighty Networks
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you develop and promote your courses, but you also have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is available to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled at certain times and days on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to design meaningful courses. Kajabi Vs Mighty Networks
For tools to train, Kajabi provides an array of options to access resources that you can learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their position in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for other tips and tricks the help desk is available to help you in the right direction. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and promote your course content however, we must take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are certain limits also.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, such as the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site may make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might be considering in your decision. Kajabi Vs Mighty Networks
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! While you get to benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable price, we can see the way Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price It certainly has more industry-level functions than the other has, and this includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it works. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs to be able to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there for example, the issue of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for course creation, it will always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Vs Mighty Networks
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and your subscribers have access to all courses even while on the go. Kajabi Vs Mighty Networks