Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer a variety of essential features that you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to market your courses to your intended audience, others might not provide all those things. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that have an editing experience so complicated that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they offer almost everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Vs Samcart
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you develop and market your courses to an student audience. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not just create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the top online learning platforms, with an overwhelming positive score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? Well, there are quite plenty of aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From the course creation to the marketing services the majority of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily digestible even for those who are new in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over other instructors. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build courses without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form of the most important features that you may want to watch out for if you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and materials and your own blog to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages and other viable methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of customer service, community and training materials, with the addition of Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation tools in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why this might be an issue for those who like to give Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed into each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, reach an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and create a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing emails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed to the brim with all the features you’d like when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day trial is available. trial is available for all three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days offered on select blogs, so if you wish to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with other third-party services for that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the most popular features on the platform is the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. Making content with the site and the course creator software was never so simple and fast, since it requires less effort and time to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations. Apart from native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the average monthly rates offered by other services. There’s not a free option neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly distribute the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Vs Samcart
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the platform’s users interface (UI) is structured. If you check the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are organized into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of confusion, as certain aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can create an online landing page, change your course, and even communicate with your instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that can be useful when you need to search for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching and it lets you look for tools and items on the site by entering the search terms. As previously mentioned the site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other that English if you wish to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of course or product templates, or what the platform calls them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses that are usually created as a means of gaining brand value, while Online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content designed for an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content if you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a popular premium course maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design a course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are referred to as categories and posts, respectively. The posts are where you can insert different types of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders where the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. Upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all your files to your course in one page. This can be useful especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image like your logo or images as well as font design into the course player to add a an individual touch. Kajabi Vs Samcart
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. Through the assessment feature, you can choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your content.
In addition aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has been able to make strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature students have access to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate product or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents to your web domain or WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant safety and security with an automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as choose from a wide array of unique, professional themes, all of which you can personalize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as eliminate the Kajabi logos and substitute that with your personal brand!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content, such as text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking which site element you wish members to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look as you wish it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi lets you create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share information and comments about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you a space where you can do so without limits. You can get started with posting blog content by creating one with the text editor. You may include SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into different categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes you can choose between two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users are able to access. Kajabi Vs Samcart
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails about your course and website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Vs Samcart
You are able to create as many e-mails for your campaigns as you wish and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to gauge how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Vs Samcart
Another of Kajabi’s top features is the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require more effort and time, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to build your email list
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to convince your intended customers to purchase your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build your sales funnel from the starting
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You could even alter the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one There is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For price options for Kajabi, it gives you a wide range of options to select from. You can make your student pay for products at different times (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or give them away for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a single item or for a variety of products, as well as set specific dates that your customers can access within a given time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy all of your products. Kajabi Vs Samcart
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to create and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. In contrast to other similar platforms that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you if you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users live chat support is scheduled for certain times and times on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by many who use it to develop meaningful course content. Kajabi Vs Samcart
For training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the course creation world. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of more information and tips, the help center is always there to guide you on your way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they achieve their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and market your course content, but we have to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. Below are the items we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish for the absence of question type options and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. In addition, we don’t understand why there are limits too.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations like letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a plethora of features, it may make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may think about when making your choice. Kajabi Vs Samcart
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly cost it’s easy to see the ways Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price, it sure does offer greater features that the other as well as live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it functions. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi does not have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer all the features you need to be able to build a professional-looking website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools that are missing for example, the issue of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, but it is a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Vs Samcart
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” derives from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and your subscribers can access your entire course materials even when in the move. Kajabi Vs Samcart