Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with a variety of essential features that you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your desired audience, others might not provide all the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that provide editing options so complicated that it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they offer almost everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Vs Thinkific
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to develop and market your content to your customers. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not only create a professional website for your courses , but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? There are numerous factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From the course creation to the marketing services, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are accessible to those who are new in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over the rest. Lastly this allows students like you run and develop a course-making business without the need to look elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi provides all the tools anyone may need, living up its ‘one stop shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form, of its important attributes that you ought to watch out for if you’re considering the option. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizing tools including media files, templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and other products, as well as blogs to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages and other effective methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with email marketing, CRM, and automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training tools and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people who are part of different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. At the time of time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who be interested in giving Kajabi a go. With the abundance of essential features already packed into each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, garner up to 1,000 active customers, and design your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo when paid annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly, which is filled to the brim with every feature you’d want when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. However, a 14-day trial is available. trial is available for all three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days also offered on select blogs. If you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content using the site and the course builders hasn’t been so simple and fast, since it requires less time and effort to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations. In addition to native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students in your classes. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free option available as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Vs Thinkific
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The design of the menu is clear and free of confusion, as certain features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You can build an online landing page, change your course and interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar and it lets you look for items and tools on the site by typing in the words. Like we said that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages than English for those who want to share your content with broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of product or course templates, or the way it calls it blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure created to offer an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes that are scheduled for an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course-maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank which allows you to design an entire course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you will notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are called categories and posts, or. The posts are where you insert various types of content, like text, videos images, and text, while the categories serve as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload any of them from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name that you can upload all your files to your courses in one page. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to alter any theme to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand like your logo images, fonts, and design into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Kajabi Vs Thinkific
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective way to determine if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment option, you are able to choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your content more.
Apart from that, the LMS website has made progress in creating areas for students and teachers to interact. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone feature or as part of your membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with the automatic SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as pick from a variety of premium, unique themes, all of which you can customize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan and higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business, plus remove the Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your personal brand!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like post categories, and categories we discussed when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website including text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets nowadays it’s logical for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like for your member learners to view. With all the necessary tools to build your site as you wish it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can publish information and comments about your course’s content. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-made site it provides an area where you can publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by creating one with an editor for text. You can incorporate SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience or group your posts into different categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode there are two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private version that only your users have access to. Kajabi Vs Thinkific
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are highly easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than just send e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Vs Thinkific
You can create as many emails to the campaign you want and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates in order to advertise your website on behalf of you. Apart from paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to determine how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Vs Thinkific
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more effort and time, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This stunning feature lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your target audience to buy your product by utilizing an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from beginning
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and emails you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one – there is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn are immediately sent to your bank account.
For the pricing, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can either cost your pupils for the services at different times (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or give them away to them for free. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specified price for a single item or for a variety of items, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a certain time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Vs Thinkific
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to create and market your courses, but you also can connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is available to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users Live chat support is scheduled at specific times and on certain days of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to design relevant course content. Kajabi Vs Thinkific
For tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to use resources to master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their position in the course creation world. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of more information and tips, the help center is always there to guide you in the right direction. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would be extremely useful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like that the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we aren’t sure if there are certain limits too.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack of features, it may make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities with Kajabi regarding reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may be considering in making your choice. Kajabi Vs Thinkific
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly cost, we can understand the way Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price, it sure does offer greater features that the other has, and this includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it works. But, we need to appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing like the issue of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for course creation, it will always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from being a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kajabi Vs Thinkific
What is the meaning of Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribers have access to all courses even while traveling. Kajabi Vs Thinkific