A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have a variety of important features can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your target audience, some might not offer all of those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that have an editing experience that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that offer not just the basic editing interface but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they also offer almost everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Vs Udemy
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you create and sell your courses to an audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are many aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From course creation to marketing and sales almost all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily accessible to those who are just getting started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over the rest. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to go to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points of the most important attributes that you ought to watch out for when you’re thinking about it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of tools for customizing such as media files, templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to present your course content and other products along with your own blog to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages, and other viable methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to bill your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with email marketing and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of customer service, community and training materials in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names who are part of different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. As of this time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who like to give Kajabi a go. However, when you consider the number of important features included within each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, garner up to 1000 active users, as well as design websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly that is loaded to the brim with every feature you’d want when designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is available for all three plans. An extended trial that lasts for up to 30 days available on certain blogs. So if you’re looking to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the short trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are designed to be optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. Making content using the site and course builder software has never been so simple and fast, since it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students who are enrolled in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Vs Udemy
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s User Interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are divided into five major sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can build an online landing page, change your course and engage with other instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching it allows you to search for items and tools on the website by typing in the words. Like we said that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other that English if you wish to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products, or the way it refers to them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure designed for a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses that are scheduled for an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course-maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints let you create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are called post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are where you can insert different types of content, like text, videos, and images, while the categories function as folders in which the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your video to your posts!
As with a handful of other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one tab. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements of your brand, such as the logo, images, and font design into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kajabi Vs Udemy
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your class. Assessments are a helpful way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your content.
In addition, the LMS website also has made progress in providing spaces for teachers and students to interact. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate feature or as part of your membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents with your domain name as well as WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on all three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with an automatic SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can personalize to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan or higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as remove all Kajabi logos and substitute that with your personal brand!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts from when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the components that comprise the site’s content, such as text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets it is logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like members to view. With all the tools you need to build your site however you want it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can post updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating posting blog content by creating one with Text Editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach or group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes there are two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private version which only your subscribers have access to. Kajabi Vs Udemy
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails about your course and website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Vs Udemy
You can create as many emails to your campaign as you wish and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can even select which of your members gets the messages. E-mail management has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You will not require the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates in order to advertise your website on behalf of you. Alongside paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to determine how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Vs Udemy
Another of Kajabi’s top features are the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features that require more effort and time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This amazing feature lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to convince your target public to buy your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build the sales funnel you want from the beginning
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for example, to a different one – there is a library with more than 40 pages templates you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it offers customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can either cost your pupils for the services at various dates (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or distribute them at no cost. You can also choose to decide if you want to charge a specified price for a single product or multiple items, and specify specific dates your students can access your products within a given period of time. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Vs Udemy
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to make and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for more functions. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s one of the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is available to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for basic users, live chat is available at certain times and days during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to develop useful course content. Kajabi Vs Udemy
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to access resources that you can master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their position in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for additional information and tips assistance, the help section will be there to help you in the right direction. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and market your course content however, we must address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like for the lack of question type options – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful in making custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in features it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities with Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may think about in your decision. Kajabi Vs Udemy
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and market to your target audience without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, far easier than Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price, we can see the ways Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer greater features that Kajabi as well as live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi does not have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It does provide the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite, which includes the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools missing like the issue of certificates, in particular. With a high cost, it might not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Vs Udemy
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed have access to all courses even while on the go. Kajabi Vs Udemy