A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have many important features you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your intended audience, some might not provide all these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may offer editing features that are so complex that it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that offer not just the basic editing interface but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they offer nearly all you can think of including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Vs WordPress
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to develop and market your courses to an customers. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the top online learning platforms, with an overwhelming rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? Well, there are quite plenty of aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of the Kajabi features can be digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over the rest. Lastly this allows students such as you manage and build an online course without the need to look elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools anyone may need and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points, of its important characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about the option. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizing tools including media files, templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and materials, as well as a blog where you can keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages, and other effective methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to charge your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of community, and training resources and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of many of the most well-known people that are from various sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start at just $119, it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who be interested in giving Kajabi a go. With the abundance of features that are included into each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, garner an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and design a website that you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly and is packed with all the features you could ask for when it comes to designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is available on each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days also available on certain blogs, so if you wish to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the short trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. The creation of content using the site and the course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it requires less time and effort to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you engage with the students enrolled in your classes. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s not a free option neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Vs WordPress
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for clutter, as some features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You can create your own landing page, alter your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar and allows you to search for items and tools within the site by entering the search terms. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other than English for those who want to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products or, as the platform calls them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure designed for a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes which are planned over an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content when you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you will notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons referred to as categories and posts, respectively. The posts are where you put in different kinds of content, like text, videos images, and text, while the categories serve as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to include in your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name that you can upload all your files to your courses on one page. This is a great option especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the various products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any theme to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand like your logo images, fonts, and designs , into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Kajabi Vs WordPress
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful way to assess if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment feature, you get to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your content more.
Apart from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has been able to make strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to communicate. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone product or as an element of membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name or WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across the 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with an automated SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, and also pick from a range of premium, unique themes, all of which you can customize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you can import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as eliminate all Kajabi logos and substitute that with your own!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like post categories, and categories we discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that compose the site’s content including text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets these days it’s logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like members to see. With all the tools you need to build your site however you want it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can post updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website it provides the opportunity to do so without limits. Start by creating your blog posts by making one using an editor for text. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes there are two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public for free or make an exclusive private podcast that only your users are able to access. Kajabi Vs WordPress
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are extremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Vs WordPress
You can send as many e-mails to your campaign as you want and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose the members you want the messages. E-mail management has never been this complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help promote your content on your behalf. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to gauge how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Vs WordPress
Another of Kajabi’s standouts are its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require more effort and time, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners can make better use of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to convince your intended public to buy your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for whenever you want to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build an effective sales funnel right from ground
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme – there is a library full of 40+ pages templates you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it offers an array of options for you of options to select from. You can choose to cost your pupils for the services at various dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or distribute them at no cost. You can also choose to decide if you want to charge a specified price for one item or for a variety of items, and set specific dates that your students can access your products within a certain timeframe. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy any of your offers. Kajabi Vs WordPress
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses, but you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and days on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to develop relevant course content. Kajabi Vs WordPress
As for training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to resources that you can master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the field of course development. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of additional information and tips assistance, the help section will be there to help you along the way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they achieve their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material however, we must look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the absence of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits also.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, like the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan, and the lack in features it could turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities with Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may want to consider in making your choice. Kajabi Vs WordPress
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable cost, we can see the ways Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than the other has as well as live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing for example, the issue of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Vs WordPress
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s enough to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you do want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course content even when you’re on the go. Kajabi Vs WordPress